* Additional info on XEmacs 21.4.6 crashes
@ 2001-12-27 22:51 Russ Allbery
From: Russ Allbery @ 2001-12-27 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vin Shelton queried the xemacs-beta list about the intermittant crashes
that I was reporting with Oort and XEmacs 21.4.6, and Stephen Turnbull
replied with this.  I figured I'd forward it back here so that it gets
into the mailing list archives for anyone doing a search.

(I have to admit that the documentation of internals in Gnus has bothered
me in the past as well; the user manual is excellent, but if one has to
dig beneath that it's often pretty hard to figure out what's going on.)

To: Vin Shelton <acs@alumni.princeton.edu>
Cc: xemacs-beta@xemacs.org
Subject: Re: [Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu>] Anyone using Oort with XEmacs 21.4.6?
From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@xemacs.org>
Date: 27 Dec 2001 11:55:33 +0900

    vin> Has anyone here seen problems like this?  I'm not running
    vin> oort, so I don't see this.

This happens in all recent Gnus, I'm not sure what the real cause is,
it's definitely a bug in XEmacs, and you can work around by telling
Gnus not to byte compile on the fly.

I forget how this is done, though, and as is typical in Gnus the
documentation of `gnus-compile' is, er, minimal.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-12-27 22:51 UTC | newest]