* Whew!
@ 1996-07-15 19:46 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-07-15 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Today I went to the post office and sent the final large batch of
t-shirts.  Whew!  That means that the sale thing is over, like,
totally.  (Except that I have to return some more money and stuff.)

Will there be another t-shirt?  Who knows?  Not any time soon,
though.  When Red Gnus is finished, a Red Gnus t-shirt may be
printed.  Or not.  If I do do it, I'll be doing the sale in a slightly
different manner.  I'll be announcing the sale two weeks before I go
to the printer and say that no orders will be accepted after the that
date.  This will give people a certain deadline, and I think that'll
work better than this vague "first come first served" thing.  It'll
also allow me to print exactly how many t-shirts that people want.
(Well, perhaps a slight overprinting would be nice in any case.)
It'll also probably be possible to order t-shirts in any color, I
think.

Perhaps I should start doing some more programming now.  Nah.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen

* Re: Whew!
@ 1996-08-01 16:46 ` Albrecht Kadlec
From: Albrecht Kadlec @ 1996-08-01 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@hler.ifi.uio.no> writes:

> Today I went to the post office and sent the final large batch of
> t-shirts.  Whew!  That means that the sale thing is over, like,
> totally.  (Except that I have to return some more money and stuff.)

shoot, I totally missed that t-shirt operation while on vacation..... :-(

> Will there be another t-shirt?  Who knows?  Not any time soon,
> though.  When Red Gnus is finished, a Red Gnus t-shirt may be
> printed.  Or not.  If I do do it, I'll be doing the sale in a slightly
> different manner.  I'll be announcing the sale two weeks before I go
> to the printer and say that no orders will be accepted after the that
> date.  This will give people a certain deadline, and I think that'll
> work better than this vague "first come first served" thing.  It'll
> also allow me to print exactly how many t-shirts that people want.
> (Well, perhaps a slight overprinting would be nice in any case.)
> It'll also probably be possible to order t-shirts in any color, I
> think.

I thought the red gnus t-shirt will be RED ?

> Perhaps I should start doing some more programming now.  Nah.
who needs programming. T-shirts are all we really need ;^)

cheers,
albrecht

* Re: Whew!
@ 1996-08-01 20:56   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-08-01 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Albrecht Kadlec <albrecht@java.vlsivie.tuwien.ac.at> writes:

> I thought the red gnus t-shirt will be RED ?

Those who want Red Red Gnus t-shirts will probably be able to get
some.

* Re: Whew!
@ 1996-08-02  1:14     ` luis fernandes
From: luis fernandes @ 1996-08-02  1:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

    > Albrecht Kadlec <albrecht@java.vlsivie.tuwien.ac.at> writes:
    >> I thought the red gnus t-shirt will be RED ?

    > Those who want Red Red Gnus t-shirts will probably be able to get
    > some.

What are the chances of getting /white/ T-shirts (my Mum /refuses/ to
wear /black/ T-shirts and I haven't seen anybody else around here
wearing the T-shirts, but I don't get out that often) with a big red
gnus on the front; and on the back, "Red Gnus", with the maple leaf
(was that a nod my being Canadian or was it just coincidental?)
replaced with the "Rising Sun with the rays streaking out of it" (a
nod to Umeda & Buckaroo Banzai)?

...are you still with me?

(The Norwegian flag has a red background so, if the T-shirts are red
then we could put that flag there...I don't know if my Mum will wear
red T-shirts)

* Re: Whew!
@ 1996-08-02  4:44     ` Ed Donovan
From: Ed Donovan @ 1996-08-02  4:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@ifi.uio.no> writes:

> Those who want Red Red Gnus t-shirts will probably be able to get
> some.          ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oh, thanks, Mr. Lars.  Now I'm walking around humming this to the
tune of the erstwhile-ubiquitous UB40 ditty.  Not newsreader theme
material, I think.

--

Ed Donovan			edonovan@world.std.com

* Re: Whew!
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-08-02 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

elf@ee.ryerson.ca (luis fernandes) writes:

> What are the chances of getting /white/ T-shirts

Quite good.  My plan was to print the logo/text in red, and let people
pick the color they want for the shirt itself.  White, black, blue,
yellow, grey, red (red logo on red shirt?), green, etc.  Especially
the etc.

> (my Mum /refuses/ to
> wear /black/ T-shirts and I haven't seen anybody else around here
> wearing the T-shirts, but I don't get out that often) with a big red
> gnus on the front; and on the back, "Red Gnus", with the maple leaf
> (was that a nod my being Canadian or was it just coincidental?)

It's a maple leaf?  :-)  It was the only non-cannabis leaf I could
find a picture of that looked ok...

> replaced with the "Rising Sun with the rays streaking out of it" (a
> nod to Umeda & Buckaroo Banzai)?

:-)

Actually, I was thinking that the back should have "[star] Red Gnus",
where [star] is replaces by one of those five-pointed communist
stars.  You know.  "Red".  Typeface from the '20's.

The front could be as with the September Gnus t-shirt, except that
around the (red) Gnus logo we could have the Gnus motto:  "In a cloud
bones of steel * Red Gnus * "  "Red Gnus" would then be come on the
bottom, so it would be upside down.  If y'all follow me here.

@ 1996-08-02 19:35         ` luis fernandes
From: luis fernandes @ 1996-08-02 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

    > Actually, I was thinking that the back should have "[star] Red Gnus",
    > where [star] is replaces by one of those five-pointed communist
    > stars.  You know.  "Red".  Typeface from the '20's.

Hmm, that's pretty good... except I would suggest Cyrillic text; i.e.
the "R" would be backwards, &c.

    > around the (red) Gnus logo we could have the Gnus motto:  "In a cloud
    > bones of steel * Red Gnus * "

Waitaminit, I don't remember a vote as to what the Gnus motto was
going to be; this sounds a bit undemocratic and, dare I say it,
Communistic...

* Re: Whew!
@ 1996-08-02 19:47         ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 1996-08-02 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> Actually, I was thinking that the back should have "[star] Red Gnus",
> where [star] is replaces by one of those five-pointed communist
> stars.  You know.  "Red".  Typeface from the '20's.

> The front could be as with the September Gnus t-shirt, except that
> around the (red) Gnus logo we could have the Gnus motto:  "In a cloud
> bones of steel * Red Gnus * "  "Red Gnus" would then be come on the
> bottom, so it would be upside down.  If y'all follow me here.

Da tovarich!  How about sort of reversing the R and N, to get a
cyrillic look?

Nyet?

* Re: Whew!
@ 1996-08-02 19:55           ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-08-02 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steinar Bang <sb@metis.no> writes:

> Da tovarich!  How about sort of reversing the R and N, to get a
> cyrillic look?

elf@ee.ryerson.ca (luis fernandes) writes:

> Hmm, that's pretty good... except I would suggest Cyrillic text; i.e.
> the "R" would be backwards, &c.

Great minds sometimes think in somewhat similar fashions.  :-)

Giving "Red Gnus" a cyrillic look sounds quite fun.  I'll have a look
at the cyrillic fonts here...

>     > around the (red) Gnus logo we could have the Gnus motto:  "In a cloud
>     > bones of steel * Red Gnus * "
>
> Waitaminit, I don't remember a vote as to what the Gnus motto was
> going to be; this sounds a bit undemocratic and, dare I say it,
> Communistic...

Hey!  You calling me undemocratic?  You know I have instituted laws
that makes that illegal, don't you?  Shame on you!

By the way, the motto is stolen from the poem "The Bridge" by Charles
Reznikoff.  In fact, it's the poem in its entirety.  :-)

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen