* [Edbrowse-dev] Chris patch is in
@ 2014-02-03  1:18 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2014-02-03  1:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

Well my question of a few days ago,
why not make a vector of structs and really use the power of c++,
instead of a list of pointers to structs that I still have to allocate,
well I now know the answer, after wasting a couple days of programming
and debugging.
I should have known from the get-go.
If the struct itself moves, because of realloc, all the pointers that use
to point to it are invalid, and to try to keep up with that
is an impossible bookkeeping nightmare.
So Chris was right, keep it simple, just use a list
of pointers to the structures that I already allocate,
and the structures don't move, and they can point to each other,
and all is well.

I built and tested and pushed his patch.
We can in the future replace tagArray with a c++ array or vector,
if that makes sense,
but not a big hurry on that.

While testing I uncovered a bug, and I thought I caused it,
or maybe Chris patch caused it, but no, it was there before.
Run edbrowse with this as input.

e jsrt
3g
$i3*
/colors
qt

The form starts out with colors green and white,
which are by the way the colors of the Michigan State Spartans,
who won the Rose Bowl, thank you very much.
But after reset the colors blank out,
and they should default back to green and white.
This bug only happens with 3g, which pushes the javascript timer button.
So next I'll try to track down this bug.
But since it was there before, not caused by what Chris and I did,
I pushed our change.

Karl Dahlke

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-02-03  1:19 UTC | newest]