* [Edbrowse-dev] scandir
@ 2014-04-28 12:38 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2014-04-28 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

In stringfile.c there's a bunch of code to read the contents of a directory.
It is separated out by linux, bsd unix, and dos/windows.
The calls are different, radically different for dos.
Yes I'm still looking towards the day when edbrowse is ported to windows.
curl and pcre are there so I think it's feasible.

I was just wondering if we should switch all this over to scandir,
it would definitely be less code and easier to read and understand etc.
I guess the question is whether scandir is in the windows C library,
if not then there's no point in making the switch.
Again not a high priority, I just like letting libraries do the work for me
when it makes sense.

Karl Dahlke