* [Edbrowse-dev] NTLM in edbrowse
@ 2014-08-11  9:41 Adam Thompson
From: Adam Thompson @ 2014-08-11  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

At the company where I work, we use a *lot* of NTLM authenticated services.
Attempting to use these with edbrowse I noticed none of them appear to authenticate at all.
With db7 switched on, I can see no round-trip,
dispite the fact that apparently ntlm requires an auth handshake,
and we're using HTTPAUTH_ANY which should mean that libcurl checks what the web
server will do before sending the auth credentials.
I also see no evidence of any kind of auth header during the requests.

As these are internal servers, I'm not entirely sure if I can post a transcript unfortunately.

Any ideas what's going on? Having looked through the code I can't spot why this
isn't working as it looks like we do everything as per the curl docs,
unless there's some form of extra step we need to perform to get the round trip to work?

Cheers,
Adam.

* [Edbrowse-dev]  NTLM in edbrowse
@ 2014-08-11 21:46 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2014-08-11 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

Go ahead and push; it makes sense to me.

* [Edbrowse-dev]   NTLM in edbrowse
@ 2014-08-11 22:14 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2014-08-11 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

I'm pretty sure realm was a parameter from the beginning,
long before curl was ever used.
It was going to perhaps control the type of authentication.
Since we are using curl I don't think it has any meaning.
If you'd like to get rid of it that's fine;
or I can do it next time I have my hands in the code.

Karl Dahlke