* [Edbrowse-dev] 3.6.0
@ 2015-10-26 16:42 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2015-10-26 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

As the windows port marches on to success, we may want to pause,
and finish everything currently in progress, and test, and debug,
and then call it 3.6.0.
This brings in some questions,
which I am in no way qualified to answer.

linux:
We want to keep this easy and clean for our distributers, debian, ubuntu, bsd, etc.
Will they git and package a version of tidy5, specifically 5.1.15,
as prerequisite to packaging edbrowse?
In other words, a package dependency?
Or will edbrowse build and distribute with tidy linked in as a static library,
so there are no additional package dependencies?

windows:
Same question about tidy, but also questions about mozjs.
Given the additional complexity of mozjs in windows, should we package
edbrowse and edbrowse-js separately, the latter depending on the former?
Or is it just as easy to bring them both in together.
How can casual windows users, who may not be experts in windows
installation processes, download and install edbrowse?

Chris will maintain his static binaries on edbrowse.org,
are there meaningful .exe files he can build and maintain for windows users?

Are there other bugs we need to fix, small enhancements we need to make?
In particular, (Kevin), are we miles away from jQuery,
wherein that should wait for 3.6.1, or would a few more small changes get us there?

Couple open issues with tidy but I'm working around them
so maybe they too should wait.

We should all browse around various sites on the net,
looking for seg faults, or mangled pages,
or other various bugs.
I imagine most of us do that in the course of our daily work and play.

Looking forward to 3.6.0.

Karl Dahlke