From: Karl Dahlke <eklhad@comcast.net>
To: Edbrowse-dev@lists.the-brannons.com
Subject: [Edbrowse-dev]  Odd google download behavior
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2016 06:05:02 -0500	[thread overview]

> download prompts when using google services

Yup, even to sign into google it asks you to download twice.
Our code has not changed to cause this behavior, rather, google has changed
its http headers in a way that is entirely reasonable but happens
to reveal a longstanding bug in edbrowse.
I ran with db4 and db>/tmp/google,
and boy do I like the db> feature!!
Some of the 302 redirections set content-type: application/binary.
Well there isn't any content so you can call it anything
you like I guess, but that triggered the state
to ask the user if maybe he wants to do a download,
but that is trumped by the 302 and on we go.
Then I didn't reset the state back to 0 for the next fetch,
which is a normal web page but still asking about download cause
of the page before.
The fix is basically one line,
set state = 0 at the top of the refetch loop,
and it is pushed.

Karl Dahlke