* [Edbrowse-dev] Odd google download behavior
@ 2016-02-07 10:03 Adam Thompson
From: Adam Thompson @ 2016-02-07 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

I've noticed with the latest code that I now seem to be getting lots of
download prompts when using google services (google plus and google mail in particular).
Any idea what's going on? If I specify to download to memory edbrowse displays
the expected page but if I say to download the file edbrowse seems to download
the page instead. I think it must be a file type detection issue but I'm not
sure what exactly.

Regards,
Adam.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* [Edbrowse-dev]  Odd google download behavior
@ 2016-02-07 11:05 ` Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2016-02-07 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

> download prompts when using google services

Yup, even to sign into google it asks you to download twice.
Our code has not changed to cause this behavior, rather, google has changed
its http headers in a way that is entirely reasonable but happens
to reveal a longstanding bug in edbrowse.
I ran with db4 and db>/tmp/google,
and boy do I like the db> feature!!
Some of the 302 redirections set content-type: application/binary.
Well there isn't any content so you can call it anything
you like I guess, but that triggered the state
to ask the user if maybe he wants to do a download,
but that is trumped by the 302 and on we go.
Then I didn't reset the state back to 0 for the next fetch,
which is a normal web page but still asking about download cause
of the page before.
The fix is basically one line,
set state = 0 at the top of the refetch loop,
and it is pushed.

Karl Dahlke