* [Edbrowse-dev] A possible login issue on gkg.net
@ 2018-03-06 23:31 Chuck Hallenbeck
From: Chuck Hallenbeck @ 2018-03-06 23:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse Development

Hi all,

Last evening I created an account at gkg.net, a domain registrar,
which seemed successful. They sent me email, I followed the link it
contained, they acknowledged that I was me, and even called me Chuck
on their first page. Then I turned in for the night.

This morning I tried logging in to continue what I wanted to do,
but my login failed with "403 forbidden."

I tried repeatedly, being certain to enter my ID and PWD correctly. but
no dice.

Next I captured a log of the login attempt with db4 activated and
timers turned off, and am hoping somebody with more savvy than I will
take a look at it, perhaps spotting something that will implicate
edbrowse or find it innocent.

It's on a VPS which does not yet have a domain name, and is called
gkg-net-403

It can be retrieved here:

wget http://45.33.14.163/gkg-net-403

Thanks for any light you can shed on this.

Chuck

--
Liberty without Equality is a Jungle. Equality without Liberty is a Jail.

* [Edbrowse-dev] A possible login issue on gkg.net
@ 2018-03-06 23:42 ` Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2018-03-06 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev

Did you look at the page, despite the 403 error?
There's another login form, and it also says we need to activate cookies,
which suggests perhaps a problem with edbrowse and cookies,
and it also says you have to pass a captcha to log in, which suggests you are out of luck.
IDK

Karl Dahlke

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] A possible login issue on gkg.net
@ 2018-03-06 23:54   ` Kevin Carhart
From: Kevin Carhart @ 2018-03-06 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev

Just regarding the cookies message, I find that this sometimes displays
even though it isn't true.  There's a lot of these situations where mutually
exclusive statements are both in the HTML, and one is intended to be
removed by JS.  It could say "You are logged in," "You are logged out."

I think the login screen of amazon says "you must enable
cookies" at the top, but we certainly did have cookies working all
throughout the recent amazon adventure.  Beware believing all assertions
that are sitting in html.  Sorry this isn't specific help on gkg - I will
try to pull this up specifically in a little while.

On Tue, 6 Mar 2018, Karl Dahlke wrote:

> Did you look at the page, despite the 403 error?
> There's another login form, and it also says we need to activate cookies,
> which suggests perhaps a problem with edbrowse and cookies,
> and it also says you have to pass a captcha to log in, which suggests you are out of luck.
> IDK
>
> Karl Dahlke

---

* [Edbrowse-dev] A possible login issue on gkg.net
@ 2018-03-07 12:30     ` Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2018-03-07 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev