* [Edbrowse-dev] repeatable seg fault
@ 2014-01-23 10:09 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2014-01-23 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

It's hard to find one that is repeatable every time, but this one is,
at least on my box.
Browse this url straight up and it blows up.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NASAtelevision

Course it works fine without javascript.
I'm still on 185, so maybe we can try this on different
versions, track it down, and discover something.

Thanks.

Karl Dahlke

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] repeatable seg fault
@ 2014-01-23 11:06 ` Adam Thompson
From: Adam Thompson @ 2014-01-23 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Dahlke; +Cc: Edbrowse-dev

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 05:09:02AM -0500, Karl Dahlke wrote:
> It's hard to find one that is repeatable every time, but this one is,
> at least on my box.
> Browse this url straight up and it blows up.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/user/NASAtelevision

I can confirm that this happens in my version of edbrowse as well.
According to gdb, the bug happens deep in the js library,
but the initial function call which seems to start the problem is at
html.c:2020:
           onloadGo(jwin, 0, "window");

I'm not too sure why this is blowing up yet, but it looks like it's an event handler issue.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Adam.

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] repeatable seg fault
@ 2014-01-23 15:16 ` Chris Brannon
From: Chris Brannon @ 2014-01-23 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

Karl Dahlke <eklhad@comcast.net> writes:

> I'm still on 185, so maybe we can try this on different
> versions, track it down, and discover something.

I'm not getting a segfault under 24.0 with Adam's changes.  I do get a
segfault under 1.8.5.

-- Chris