* [Edbrowse-dev] jspool
@ 2014-02-07 20:12 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2014-02-07 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

People doing lots of browsing, on new machines, will want a large js pool;
people with older low memory machines that mostly edit files
will not want to waste that memory on js, and will want a smaller pool.
I can make a new config parameter for this if you agree.

Karl Dahlke

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] jspool
@ 2014-02-07 21:38 ` Chris Brannon
From: Chris Brannon @ 2014-02-07 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

> I can make a new config parameter for this if you agree.

Yes, that sounds like the way to go.

-- Chris

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] jspool
       [not found]   ` <20170713174445.eklhad@comcast.net>
@ 2017-08-13 23:01     ` Kevin Carhart
From: Kevin Carhart @ 2017-08-13 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

Is this a good time to have a thread about the more specific end of
things, or is there still so much going on with the basic architecture
that it's premature?

I have built the latest a few times and pulled up acid3.acidtests.org.
There are a bunch of things we could talk about.  In order to take it from
the top, I tried test #0.  (The tests are numbered 1 to 100, but there is
also a zero.)  Test #0 actually does not use the iframes, but it does use
CSS selectors.  So we could discuss #0, or leap ahead to one of the tests
that uses the new iframe support but still doesn't pass, or wait a while.

Kevin

  On Sun, 13 Aug 2017, Karl Dahlke wrote:

> I think we have a good foundation now - so over the next couple months I hope we can get a lot more sites working, either by plowing through acid tests methodically, or fixing individual sites that people want.
>
> Karl Dahlke

--------
Kevin Carhart * 415 225 5306 * The Ten Ninety Nihilists

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] jspool
@ 2017-08-13 21:29 ` Kevin Carhart
       [not found]   ` <20170713174445.eklhad@comcast.net>
From: Kevin Carhart @ 2017-08-13 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Dahlke; +Cc: Edbrowse-dev

> duktape doesn't have a pool of a fixed size, it allocates what it needs. Duh!

This is great!  Occasionally I will hit the message about cannot allocate
more memory.  And I also think that ability to allocate memory dynamically
could be another test that site-makers put the client through in order to
call the bluff of user-agent spoofers, in addition to things like styles
and testing the decimal places on numbers.

* [Edbrowse-dev] jspool
@ 2017-08-13 11:31 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2017-08-13 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev