* [Edbrowse-dev] %zu
@ 2014-02-15  8:23 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2014-02-15  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

I'd like to use size_t in more places, where it makes sense to do so,
and do some more checking for integer overflow, index overflow, etc,
as these are things that can screw things up or even corrupt a file.
My first question is whether %zu is standard wherever we might reasonably
expect to port edbrowse.
If yes then I will make the change in messages.c line 613 through 617,
and start using it in other places too,
like the size of files being read and written, to accommodate large files, etc.

Karl Dahlke

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] %zu
@ 2014-02-15 15:10 ` Chris Brannon
From: Chris Brannon @ 2014-02-15 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

> My first question is whether %zu is standard wherever we might reasonably
> expect to port edbrowse.

%z is defined in C99, so if the system library is C99 compliant, it is
 available.  Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, and MacOSX all support
 it.  It should be fine for us.

-- Chris