* [Edbrowse-dev] tales from the front
       [not found] <20160223211255.eklhad@comcast.net>
@ 2016-03-24  7:20 ` Kevin Carhart
From: Kevin Carhart @ 2016-03-24  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Dahlke; +Cc: edbrowse-dev

[ Karl said, that he can't read the messages in the thread about the 348
issue, probably because of the 348 issue itself.  CCing the list just for
fun.]

> The great irony is, I can't read any messages in this thread,
> probably because of the 348 issue.

Hi Karl

Yes, those kinds of two-level things are real, and a big mess.  I had a
job in eDiscovery, in other words, gathering documents in the discovery
phase of trials.  So I'm scripting HTTP to gather hundreds of pages from
an intranet wiki, the topic of which ITSELF happens to be about software
engineering and web pages.  There was absolutely no way to distinguish
things in markup that I was supposed to identify and switch on, versus
inline code examples written by engineers demonstrating concepts to each
other, and that happened to be of the same thing!  I tried to tell my boss
what I was up against and didn't get too far.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-03-24  7:19 UTC | newest]