From: Martin Escardo <escardo...@googlemail.com>
To: Michael Shulman <shu...@sandiego.edu>
Cc: "HomotopyT...@googlegroups.com" <HomotopyT...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [HoTT] Does MLTT have "or"?
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 19:41:20 +0100	[thread overview]

Obviously the second side-remark overlooks the fact that we used
function extensionality to show that excluded middle implies the
existence of propositional truncations. Apologies. Hence the question of
whether hypothetical propositional truncations imply function
extensionality remains open (although I very much doubt that they do).
Martin