From: Michael Shulman <shu...@sandiego.edu>
To: Steve Awodey <awo...@cmu.edu>
Cc: Christian Sattler <sattler....@gmail.com>,
	 Thierry Coquand <Thierry...@cse.gu.se>,
	 Homotopy Theory <homotopyt...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [HoTT] Quillen model structure
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 08:47:49 -0700	[thread overview]

Okay, if the non-algebraic wfs's are cofibrantly generated in the
traditional sense, then the model category is indeed combinatorial.
Christian has also pointed out by private email that for a locally
presentable, locally cartesian closed (oo,1)-category (and, I think,
even any cocomplete locally cartesian closed one) the infinitary
aspects of the Giraud exactness axioms follow from finitary ones (for
roughly the same reasons as in the 1-categorical case) ---
specifically the "van Kampen" nature of pushouts, which should be
provable in any elementary (oo,1)-topos and thus presumably in
cartesian cubical sets.

So it seems that it's my possibility (3) that holds -- this model
structure does present a Grothendieck (oo,1)-topos.  We should be able
to work out a more traditional description of it as a left exact
localization of some (oo,1)-presheaf category by tracing through the
proofs of the presentation theorem and Giraud's theorem.