* Choosing email account depending on group
@ 2004-06-11 10:06 Paulo Jorge O. C. Matos
From: Paulo Jorge O. C. Matos @ 2004-06-11 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

Depending on the group I'm sending to, I'd like to choose the
email that is sent in the headers since I subscribe a lot of MLs,
I have an account for the MLs and an account for everyday
usage. However, most MLs only accept email from members so when
sending email to those MLs I would like to use the email account
of MLs or else the mail may be rejected. Any ideas on this?

Cheers,

--
Paulo J. Matos : pocm [_at_] mega . ist . utl . pt
Instituto Superior Tecnico - Lisbon

* Re: Choosing email account depending on group
@ 2004-06-11 11:26 ` Jean Magnan de Bornier
From: Jean Magnan de Bornier @ 2004-06-11 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

pocm@mega.ist.utl.pt (Paulo Jorge O. C. Matos) wrote :

> Hi all,
>
> Depending on the group I'm sending to, I'd like to choose the
> email that is sent in the headers since I subscribe a lot of MLs,
> I have an account for the MLs and an account for everyday
> usage. However, most MLs only accept email from members so when
> sending email to those MLs I would like to use the email account
> of MLs or else the mail may be rejected. Any ideas on this?

[...]

You can customize this in the Group Parameters; for example I have in my
GP for gentoo-user:
((uidvalidity . "1083499907")
 (to-list . "gentoo-User <gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org>")
 (subscribed . t)
 (posting-style
  (signature-file "~/signatura")
  (address "jm.bornier@free.fr")))
cheers
--
Jean Magnan de Bornier
3 Cours Victor Hugo, 13980 Alleins   France