* Changing servers with same DNS IP Address value
@ 2023-10-24  5:25 Pankaj Jangid
From: Pankaj Jangid @ 2023-10-24  5:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I recently went through the node "(gnus) Changing Servers". However, I
didn't find specific details regarding the scenario where a changed
server resolves to the same IP address as the previous one. I currently
have the following configuration in my "~/.gnus.el":

#+begin_src elisp
 '(gnus-secondary-select-methods
   '(
     (nntp "news.gwene.org")	; Gmane
     (nnml "")		; /var/spool/mail

 ;; Behaviour with various newsrc files
 '(gnus-save-newsrc-file nil)
 '(gnus-read-newsrc-file nil)
 '(gnus-always-read-dribble-file nil)
 '(gnus-save-killed-list nil)
 '(gnus-check-new-newsgroups nil)
#+end_src

If I update the server to "news.gmane.io", will I need to modify all the
entries in the "~/.newsrc.eld" file?