* group splitting and gnus-secondary-select-methods
@ 2017-08-10 22:47 Christoph Groth
From: Christoph Groth @ 2017-08-10 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi,

I'm trying to setup group mail splitting in a setup where I
receive mail through multiple IMAP accounts that are configured
through gnus-secondary-select-methods.

Simply setting gnus-secondary-select-methods in ~/.gnus, like with
plain splitting, doesn't work, since at the time when ~/.gnus is
executed (gnus-group-split-fancy) returns an empty split.

In order to solve this problem, I have defined a function
my-set-secondary-select-methods and add it to one or multiple
appropriate hooks.  Is there a better alternative?

If not, what hooks should I add my function to?  It seems to work
with

(add-hook 'gnus-read-newsrc-el-hook
'my-set-secondary-select-methods)
(add-hook 'gnus-get-new-news-hook