* Re: filter view to participating threads with new articles
       [not found] <mailman.3755.1185082004.32220.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2007-08-01 10:54 ` Michal Nazarewicz
From: Michal Nazarewicz @ 2007-08-01 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

timotheus <timotheus@tstotts.net> writes:

> Is there a way in Gnus to list only those threads that have new articles
> *and* that I have contributed at least one post to? Even better: show
> the whole thread; and only those threads that I have participated in;
> and also have one or more unread article?

I use following rule in my all.SCORE files:

#v+
(("references"
  ("<87[0-9a-z]+\\.fsf\\(?:_-_\\)?@erwin\\.\\(?:piotrekn\\|mina86\\.com\\)>"
   1000 nil r)))
#v-

and sort threads by score, this way threads which you've replied to will
be highlighted and displayed at the top.

--
Best regards,                                         _     _
 .o. | Liege of Serenly Enlightened Majesty of      o' \,=./ `o

* Re: filter view to participating threads with new articles
@ 2007-07-28  4:17 ` timotheus
From: timotheus @ 2007-07-28  4:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

timotheus <timotheus@tstotts.net> writes:

> Is there a way in Gnus to list only those threads that have new articles
> *and* that I have contributed at least one post to? Even better: show
> the whole thread; and only those threads that I have participated in;
> and also have one or more unread article?

No takers? :-)

How do others keep track of following up with responses to their own
posts first; and then look at new ones later?

I imagine that an efficient usage pattern would be:
  - frequently follow-up on all threads that I am participating in
  - less frequently skim through other threads

Even simpler. I post a new article. Someone replies. Gnus defaults to
hiding read articles, ahd showing new ones. On a very busy mailing list
with many similar subject lines, how would I quickly find any and all
follow-ups specifically to my article(s) without reading through 100s of
posts?

-timotheus

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 188 bytes --]

* filter view to participating threads with new articles
@ 2007-07-22  5:26 timotheus
From: timotheus @ 2007-07-22  5:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english