* Re: gnus and enigmail
       [not found] <m365hci8ko.fsf@neo.loria>
@ 2003-11-22 18:16 ` Simon Josefsson
       [not found]   ` <m38ym8f2ea.fsf@neo.loria>
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2003-11-22 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vincent Bernat <vincent.bernat@raysa.org> writes:

> Hello !
>
> Enigmail may sign in plain text but then Gnus is not able to check the
> signature. What should I change to make Gnus check signatures for this
> kind of mail ?

Could you post an example with Enigmail?

> Evolution inverts MIME decoding and GPG signing so signatures appear
> as bad. Is there a way to tell Gnus to invert MIME decoding and GPG
> checking to check this kind of signatures as well ?

Not right now, I think.  The inline PGP needs an overhaul.  During
sending, it should warn the user about all possible dangers of using
QP, and allow the user to chose how to send it (there are three
different ways of sending inline PGP with QP).  During receiving, it
should try all three different ways before giving up.

* Re: gnus and enigmail
       [not found]     ` <iluoev38rxb.fsf@latte.josefsson.org>
@ 2003-11-25  2:42       ` Vincent Bernat
From: Vincent Bernat @ 2003-11-25  2:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

OoO La nuit ayant déjà recouvert d'encre ce jour du samedi 22 novembre
2003, vers 23:28, Simon Josefsson <jas@extundo.com> disait:

>>> Not right now, I think.  The inline PGP needs an overhaul.  During
>>> sending, it should warn the user about all possible dangers of using
>>> QP, and allow the user to chose how to send it (there are three
>>> different ways of sending inline PGP with QP).  During receiving, it
>>> should try all three different ways before giving up.
>>
>> Is it easy to do the receiving part ?

> Boring work, but can be done.

I have just check a message posted with Ximian Evolution 1.4.5 and
they now sign correctly outgoing messages. Since I do not know any
other clients messing with that, it should be useless to start coding
alternate decodings.
--
panic("huh?\n");
	2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/arch/i386/kernel/smp.c