* PGP configuration
@ 2003-12-01 16:07 Raphaël Berbain
       [not found] ` <874qvnxzyn.fsf@emptyhost.emptydomain.de>
From: Raphaël Berbain @ 2003-12-01 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just started using GPG with Gnus.  Gnus/Message offer 3 ways to do
PGP: smime, pgp and pgpmime.  What method am I supposed to use ?  I
chose pgpmime because it seems to do the same thing as what I can see
out there, but basically I am lost.

The second question is: I have non-ascii character ('ë') in my
firstname.  gpg seems to handle it well ('gpg --list-keys' at the
shell prompt lists my name correctly).  However, Gnus doesn't display
the name correctly: I see 'Raphaël' instead of 'Raphaël' in the PGP
button.  Is there any way to correct this ?

Third question: Is there a way to cache my passphrase, so I can avoid
typing it over and over again ?  I found a page
(http://wmipf.in-berlin.de/gnus/pgg-with-gpg-agent.html) which talks
about using gpg-agent, but gpg-agent doesn't seem to be ready for
prime-time yet.

Last question: I'd like to flag messages with a bad signature.
Idealy, I would like to reverse-video the summary line, or add a
all I can think of is summary buffer generation time, i.e. pre-message
opening (hence, pre-signature checking) time.  What do people do to
warn about bad sigs ?  Does anybody has a hack to e.g. set the
background to blinking red in this case ?  (pirate skull/unbearable
siren/nuclear zone sign would be a highly appreciated bonus <g>).

--
Raphaël