* Re: =?big5? header shown in the summary
       [not found] <k769yjb6.fsf@sz.org>
@ 2003-11-11 16:41 ` Jesper Harder
       [not found]   ` <k765g32e.fsf@sz.org>
From: Jesper Harder @ 2003-11-11 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

yo@sz.org (Mr. YO) writes:

> Some messages are shown with =?big5?.....= text header, what settings
> should I apply to get it decode correctly?

You shouldn't need to change any settings.  Maybe the RFC 2047
encoding of the headers is malformed -- this happens now and then.
Please post an example of a header which doesn't work for you.

* Re: =?big5? header shown in the summary
@ 2003-11-12 12:56   ` Mr. YO
       [not found]   ` <k765g32e.fsf@sz.org>
From: Mr. YO @ 2003-11-12 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Here is an example:
===
Newsgroups: bt.torrent
Subject: Re: =?Big5-HKSCS?B?wuC2SzogV2luWFBfUHJvX3NwMSszMq3Tc3AyuMmkQsFjpKQ=?=
 =?Big5-HKSCS?B?pOUutUy2t6fHuLksqvfGXyil/qbbsMqmd7jLqqkp?=
====
As you can see, the subject is in a special format, it should be a chinese character

* Re: =?big5? header shown in the summary
       [not found]       ` <m3smktv62l.fsf@defun.localdomain>
@ 2003-11-13 10:09         ` Mr. YO
       [not found]         ` <v9fzgt5mr4.fsf@marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de>
From: Mr. YO @ 2003-11-13 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I type alt-x define-coding-system-alias, it can't find the function, I'm using Xemacs on NT, does it support?

* Re: =?big5? header shown in the summary
       [not found]             ` <iluptfx8cxw.fsf@latte.josefsson.org>
@ 2003-11-13 23:34               ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2003-11-13 23:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

> So, how about installing this?  Ideally, there should be some kind of
> warning, but displaying the data as BIG5 is probably more useful than
> as QP.

Sounds good.