* Re: trivial-cite attribution problem
       [not found]   ` <858ybjfb7m.fsf@obelix.seki.fr>
@ 2004-09-19 12:21     ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2004-09-19 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: info-gnus-english

On  9 sep 2004, Sebastien Kirche wrote:

> Thanks for you snippet : it is a nice sample for me (with the
> multiple and different checks) and gave one solution to check
> for the backend to find that it is mail and not news. That is
> what i was looking for.

This is a way of doing things. But I consider Lisp like others
consider Perl: there are several ways for doing things :).

> See ya on EMacsFr ;)

:/ No problem.
--
  "GNU is my religion"

.O.  Xavier Maillard
..O   Reims - France
OOO  +33 6 68 04 64 37

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 188 bytes --]

* Re: trivial-cite attribution problem
       [not found] ` <hddy8jjyks6.fsf@bacchus.pvv.ntnu.no>
@ 2004-09-09 20:26   ` Sebastien Kirche
From: Sebastien Kirche @ 2004-09-09 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le 9 sep 2004, Svend Tollak Munkejord a formulé :

> > [about single name problem]
>
> I have a *vague* memory that I had the same problem, and got the
> following piece of advice.
>
> (setq mail-extr-ignore-single-names nil)
>
> Does it help?

Yeah ! :) Just what i need.

> [...]
>
> I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly. Might something
> along the lines of
>
> (setq gnus-posting-styles
> '(("mail\\.foo"
> 	 (eval
> 	  (setq tc-make-attribution
> 		'your-favourite-attribution-function)))))
>
> be useful for you?

It is. It's another sample after Xavier's one.

I  am  using   posting  styles  to  customize  some   settings  like  ispell
dictionaries  and  headers,  but i  did  not  think  about it  to  customize
attributions.

Okay, i have some code to study :)

Sébastien Kirche