* [oort] Changed summary format wrt agent undownloaded articles?
@ 2003-02-26 19:13 Kinkie
From: Kinkie @ 2003-02-26 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

I admit it, I'm puzzled.

I moved recently from oort 0.07 to oort 0.15, and I'm a bit unsettled
by the changed behaviour in the summary buffer wrt articles which have
not been downloaded.

The color of the lines has changed, and that is fine, but highlighted
buffers are now almost indistinguishable from "normal" articles (the
bold character is gone).  Also, gnus-summary-next-unread-article (aka
"n") doesn't skip over undownloaded articles anymore, which to me
means that reading them is a more difficult.

Is this intentional, the result of some not-completely-wanted changes,
and is it possible to configure something in order to undo it?

Unfortunately I'm not expert enough to go to the Source(tm).

Thanks.

--
	kinkie (kinkie-ml [at] tiscalinet [dot] it)
	Random fortune, unrelated to the message:

* Re: [oort] Changed summary format wrt agent undownloaded articles?
@ 2003-02-27 13:46 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-02-27 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Could you try the most recent CVS and say if it is better there?
(The highlighting/display will not have changed much, I think, but
the gnus-summary-next-unread-article behavior might have changed.)

* Re: [oort] Changed summary format wrt agent undownloaded articles?
@ 2003-02-28  5:14 ` Kevin Greiner
From: Kevin Greiner @ 2003-02-28  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kinkie <REAL-ADDRESS-IN-SIGNATURE@kinkie.it> writes:

> I admit it, I'm puzzled.
>
> I moved recently from oort 0.07 to oort 0.15, and I'm a bit unsettled
> by the changed behaviour in the summary buffer wrt articles which have
> not been downloaded.
>
> The color of the lines has changed, and that is fine, but highlighted
> buffers are now almost indistinguishable from "normal" articles (the
> bold character is gone).

That shouldn't be the case.  There are three new faces that should
only be applied to articles that are undownloaded.  For these
articles, you should see italic (for low scores), normal (for moderate
scores), and bold (for high scores).  However, once an article has
been downloaded you should see your usual color scheme.

>  Also, gnus-summary-next-unread-article (aka
> "n") doesn't skip over undownloaded articles anymore, which to me
> means that reading them is a more difficult.
>
> Is this intentional, the result of some not-completely-wanted changes,
> and is it possible to configure something in order to undo it?

I believe that it was deliberate.  At least, one of the new hook
functions depends on this behavior.  To be honest, I'm not sure how it
came about.  I peeked under the hood and, from what I can tell, you
can not turn this behavior off.

As for your comment that the new behavior makes them more difficult to
read.  You might want to investigate adding
gnus-agent-fetch-selected-article to the gnus-select-article-hook.
That way, should you select an undownloaded article it will
automatically be downloaded.

Kevin