discuss@mandoc.bsd.lv
* Improving error messages?
@ 2010-06-30 22:50 Thomas Klausner
From: Thomas Klausner @ 2010-06-30 22:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: discuss

Hi!

Recently I stumbled over a problem in pfstat(8) where a Bl had no
matching El; the mandoc version at that time wasn't even complaining
about it, just the error code returned was 1.

I've tried to file a proper bug report about this and reproduce the
problem first.

mandoc-1.10.1 is complaining about the man page with the error:

test.1:14:2: scope broken, syntax violated: multi-line scope breaks multi-line of It

I must confess, I wouldn't have a clue how to find the root cause of
this from the description.

groff-1.19.2 complains about the same problem this way:

mdoc warning: A .Bl directive has no matching .El (#14)

Perhaps the error message can be improved?

Cheers,
 Thomas