discuss@mandoc.bsd.lv
* New Package: Debian 32
@ 2014-04-19  1:00 Jesse Adams
From: Jesse Adams @ 2014-04-19  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: discuss

New package is available at http://techno-geeks.org/mdocml/debian/

Ingo: Is there any way to setup a subfolder at
http://mdocml.bsd.lv/packages/ that I could use to upload all of these
packages? It would look much more official than my techno-
geeks.org domain.

Also, can you please add these packages (ArchLinux and Debian) to
http://mdocml.bsd.lv/ports.html?

Lots more coming soon!

Jesse

* Re: New Package: Debian 32
@ 2014-04-19 10:44 ` Kristaps Dzonsons
From: Kristaps Dzonsons @ 2014-04-19 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: discuss

> New package is available at http://techno-geeks.org/mdocml/debian/
>
> Ingo: Is there any way to setup a subfolder at
> http://mdocml.bsd.lv/packages/ that I could use to upload all of these
> packages? It would look much more official than my techno-
> geeks.org domain.
>
> Also, can you please add these packages (ArchLinux and Debian) to
> http://mdocml.bsd.lv/ports.html?
>
> Lots more coming soon!

Jesse,

That's great news!  Not knowing much about the Linux package scene...
must these be mailed to their port-type folks?

Best,

Kristaps

* Re: New Package: Debian 32
@ 2014-04-20  4:19   ` Jesse Adams
From: Jesse Adams @ 2014-04-20  4:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: discuss

Hello Kristaps,

Not knowing much about the BSD package scene I am not 100% sure what
you are asking. For now we will have to host the Linux packages by
ourselves except for ArchLinux. ArchLinux has an "official" way for
the community to submit custom packages. Debian and RedHat based
distros are a bit more complicated. I'll eventually be hosting package
repositories that work directly with native package retrieval
utilities but we aren't quite there yet. The long term goal will be to
eventually get mdocml into the core repositories which would require
us submitting the packages to the official distribution maintainers.

Does that answer your question?

Thanks!

Jesse

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 3:44 AM, Kristaps Dzonsons <kristaps@bsd.lv> wrote:
>> New package is available at http://techno-geeks.org/mdocml/debian/
>>
>> Ingo: Is there any way to setup a subfolder at
>> http://mdocml.bsd.lv/packages/ that I could use to upload all of these
>> packages? It would look much more official than my techno-
>> geeks.org domain.
>>
>> Also, can you please add these packages (ArchLinux and Debian) to
>> http://mdocml.bsd.lv/ports.html?
>>
>> Lots more coming soon!
>

> Jesse,
>
> That's great news!  Not knowing much about the Linux package scene... must
> these be mailed to their port-type folks?
>
> Best,
>
> Kristaps
> --

* Re: New Package: Debian 32