tech@mandoc.bsd.lv
* Font colours, sizes, etc.
@ 2010-07-19  8:14 Kristaps Dzonsons
       [not found] ` <20100719083346.GE30454@bramka.kerhand.co.uk>
From: Kristaps Dzonsons @ 2010-07-19  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tech, Jason McIntyre

Hi,

The TODO file says:

- implement \s (physical font size)
   \sN - set to N
   \s+N - increment by N, 1 <= N <= 8
   \s-N - decrement by N, 1 <= N <= 8
   \s0 - restore previous size
   \s(nn \s+-(nn \s'+-nn' \s+-'nn' \s[+-nn] \s+-[nn] - disambiguate
   registers: .s .ps .sr .psr
   used by e.g. cu(1), tip(1)

Right now we ignore \s, \m, and \M in the Right Way, i.e., passing over
the entire sequence.  Since "Ignore" != "Implement", it bears asking...

Does anybody object if this TODO is removed as completed?  Commensurate
on libroff discarding the .s/.ps/etc. requests, of course.

Note: we don't warn about bogus escapes because resolving escapes to
data occurs in the front-end, which has no facilities to warn.  We can
and do warn about bad syntax, but that's it.  I could add a warning
saying that \m etc. are deprecated forms, but maybe this would be
confusing.  Thoughts?

Thanks,

Kristaps