mailing list of musl libc
* Re: Cortex-M support / single float
@ 2018-09-13 11:30 Jon Chesterfield
From: Jon Chesterfield @ 2018-09-13 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

> note that a large part of the float code in libc is in the
> math library which expects efficient double arithmetics,
> i plan to rewrite the most important single precision math
> functions using double arithmetics, this gives significant
> benefits on all systems except ones with single precision
> only hw.

I'm responsible for libm on an architecture with 32bit float in hardware
and 64bit float via integer ops. It's derived from musl because I like musl.

Currently operations written in terms of double are rather slow. Would
upstream accept functions optimised for a 32bit float+int system? I haven't
written them yet but it's on the todo list.

Cheers

Jon