mailing list of musl libc
* repeated definitions in /arch/mips/bits/syscall.h
@ 2013-03-17  4:26 Zvi Gilboa
From: Zvi Gilboa @ 2013-03-17  4:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

Greetings,

It looks like the above file contains multiple identical definitions of
the same constant.  For instance, __NR_fallocate is defined three times
as 4320, specifically in lines 320, 321, and 344.  Is there a reason
behind that?  Using gcc this seems to be harmless, but still...

Best regards,
Zvi

* Re: repeated definitions in /arch/mips/bits/syscall.h
@ 2013-03-17  4:57 ` Rich Felker
From: Rich Felker @ 2013-03-17  4:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 12:26:13AM -0400, Zvi Gilboa wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> It looks like the above file contains multiple identical definitions
> of the same constant.  For instance, __NR_fallocate is defined three
> times as 4320, specifically in lines 320, 321, and 344.  Is there a
> reason behind that?  Using gcc this seems to be harmless, but
> still...

Yes, something looks amiss. I wonder if it was a result of flawed
search-and-replace or other automated operations. I can look into it.
Anybody else know?

Rich

* Re: repeated definitions in /arch/mips/bits/syscall.h
@ 2013-03-17  7:01   ` John Spencer
From: John Spencer @ 2013-03-17  7:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl; +Cc: Richard Pennington

On 03/17/2013 05:57 AM, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 12:26:13AM -0400, Zvi Gilboa wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> It looks like the above file contains multiple identical definitions
>> of the same constant.  For instance, __NR_fallocate is defined three
>> times as 4320, specifically in lines 320, 321, and 344.  Is there a
>> reason behind that?  Using gcc this seems to be harmless, but
>> still...
> Yes, something looks amiss. I wonder if it was a result of flawed
> search-and-replace or other automated operations. I can look into it.
> Anybody else know?

according to git log, it dates back to the first check-in of rdp's sources.
there's an entire block of ~15 duplicated syscalls, starting with the
fallocate one.
(it's also replicated down there in the SYS_ section).
cc'ing rdp, maybe he knows...

in any case, that block can be safely removed in both sections.