mailing list of musl libc
* issues with headers?
@ 2014-11-13 22:02 stephen Turner
From: stephen Turner @ 2014-11-13 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

I have been trying various ways of compiling a musl system using gcc and
found that GCC-4.7.3 does not seem to want to compile against musl headers.
I install the linux headers in /usr/include then i install musl and move
its headers to /usr/include. then i specify -I/usr/include to gcc and it
errors every time (technically its /cross/usr/include as i have a separated
env from my host system) The same compile works fine against musl libs but
not the headers. The only change made from a working to a non-working
system appears to be the use of the musl generated headers.

In the scripts to build a musl toolchain (such as gregorr) the header
location is not specified but sysroot is used (which obviously isn't
linking against the headers)  I first started to see this issue when
chroot'ing into a newly created musl gcc system.

Is musl suitable as a stand alone libc replacement? Should i not be
building against musl headers? If there is any reports or details you want
me to provide please let me know.

PS: I have found that GCC-4.7.3, GCC-4.8.3, both have the issue

thanks,
Stephen

* Re: issues with headers?
@ 2014-11-13 22:13 ` Justin Cormack
From: Justin Cormack @ 2014-11-13 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 10:02 PM, stephen Turner
<stephen.n.turner@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been trying various ways of compiling a musl system using gcc and
> found that GCC-4.7.3 does not seem to want to compile against musl headers.
> I install the linux headers in /usr/include then i install musl and move its
> headers to /usr/include. then i specify -I/usr/include to gcc and it errors
> every time (technically its /cross/usr/include as i have a separated env
> from my host system) The same compile works fine against musl libs but not
> the headers. The only change made from a working to a non-working system
> appears to be the use of the musl generated headers.
>
> In the scripts to build a musl toolchain (such as gregorr) the header
> location is not specified but sysroot is used (which obviously isn't linking
> against the headers)  I first started to see this issue when chroot'ing into
> a newly created musl gcc system.
>
> Is musl suitable as a stand alone libc replacement? Should i not be building
> against musl headers? If there is any reports or details you want me to
> provide please let me know.

You want to use a chroot or a VM with Musl if you are having these
issues. Sabotage or Alpine are good options. It will save a lot of
grief. Otherwise you are doing somethnig wrong that is hard to
diagnose without much moer info.

Justin

* Re: issues with headers?
@ 2014-11-13 23:23   ` stephen Turner
From: stephen Turner @ 2014-11-13 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

It looks like your right, I just ran a compile specifying musl headers and
this time it worked. I need to review my process yet again and see what
changed that fixed this issue.

I new this wouldn't be easy but man i didn't expect it to feel this finicky
or fickle.

thanks,
stephen

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 5:13 PM, Justin Cormack <
justin@specialbusservice.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 10:02 PM, stephen Turner
> <stephen.n.turner@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have been trying various ways of compiling a musl system using gcc and
> > found that GCC-4.7.3 does not seem to want to compile against musl
> headers.
> > I install the linux headers in /usr/include then i install musl and move
> its
> > headers to /usr/include. then i specify -I/usr/include to gcc and it
> errors
> > every time (technically its /cross/usr/include as i have a separated env
> > from my host system) The same compile works fine against musl libs but
> not
> > the headers. The only change made from a working to a non-working system
> > appears to be the use of the musl generated headers.
> >
> > In the scripts to build a musl toolchain (such as gregorr) the header
> > location is not specified but sysroot is used (which obviously isn't
> linking
> > against the headers)  I first started to see this issue when chroot'ing
> into
> > a newly created musl gcc system.
> >
> > Is musl suitable as a stand alone libc replacement? Should i not be
> building
> > against musl headers? If there is any reports or details you want me to
> > provide please let me know.
>
> You want to use a chroot or a VM with Musl if you are having these
> issues. Sabotage or Alpine are good options. It will save a lot of
> grief. Otherwise you are doing somethnig wrong that is hard to
> diagnose without much moer info.
>
> Justin

* Re: issues with headers?
@ 2014-11-14 19:49     ` stephen Turner
From: stephen Turner @ 2014-11-14 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

GMP errors out with "invalid configuration 'non-pc-linux-musl' not
recognized. Im using the --target and --host flags i686-linux-musl and
--build i686-linux-gnu.  I also tried switching to a chroot musl env and
running a plain configure on gmp only and it complains the compiler cant
create executables which i know to be false.

Will GMP compile on a musl system?
Google search showed one other person with the issue but no answer.

thanks,
stephen

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 6:23 PM, stephen Turner <stephen.n.turner@gmail.com>
wrote:

> It looks like your right, I just ran a compile specifying musl headers and
> this time it worked. I need to review my process yet again and see what
> changed that fixed this issue.
>
> I new this wouldn't be easy but man i didn't expect it to feel this
> finicky or fickle.
>
> thanks,
> stephen
>
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 5:13 PM, Justin Cormack <
> justin@specialbusservice.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 10:02 PM, stephen Turner
>> <stephen.n.turner@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I have been trying various ways of compiling a musl system using gcc and
>> > found that GCC-4.7.3 does not seem to want to compile against musl
>> headers.
>> > I install the linux headers in /usr/include then i install musl and
>> move its
>> > headers to /usr/include. then i specify -I/usr/include to gcc and it
>> errors
>> > every time (technically its /cross/usr/include as i have a separated env
>> > from my host system) The same compile works fine against musl libs but
>> not
>> > the headers. The only change made from a working to a non-working system
>> > appears to be the use of the musl generated headers.
>> >
>> > In the scripts to build a musl toolchain (such as gregorr) the header
>> > location is not specified but sysroot is used (which obviously isn't
>> linking
>> > against the headers)  I first started to see this issue when chroot'ing
>> into
>> > a newly created musl gcc system.
>> >
>> > Is musl suitable as a stand alone libc replacement? Should i not be
>> building
>> > against musl headers? If there is any reports or details you want me to
>> > provide please let me know.
>>
>> You want to use a chroot or a VM with Musl if you are having these
>> issues. Sabotage or Alpine are good options. It will save a lot of
>> grief. Otherwise you are doing somethnig wrong that is hard to
>> diagnose without much moer info.
>>
>> Justin

* Re: issues with headers?
@ 2014-11-14 20:01       ` stephen Turner
From: stephen Turner @ 2014-11-14 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

It appears like gmp doesn't play nice with musl hosts? a musl target is
fine allowing a cross environment to work but not a pure musl evnironment
or specifying musl as the host.

I created a cross compiler successfully but using the cross compiler to
"recreate itself" hasn't worked when rebuilding gmp as a part of the
process. It could be me, everything up to this point has been apparently
but i was hoping someone could chime in and let me know if they have
compiled gmp on a native musl system or if it requires a patch i missed or
some gnu code?

thanks,
stephen

* Re: issues with headers?
@ 2014-11-14 20:22         ` stephen Turner
From: stephen Turner @ 2014-11-14 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

looks like i missed the patch for m4, again my mistake sorry.

thanks,
stephen

* Re: issues with headers?
@ 2014-11-14 21:34           ` stephen Turner
From: stephen Turner @ 2014-11-14 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

Guess that patch is unstable or not what i expected. so there are no
patches for M4, GMP, MPFR, or MPC?

thanks

* Re: issues with headers?
@ 2014-11-14 23:21             ` Szabolcs Nagy
From: Szabolcs Nagy @ 2014-11-14 23:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

* stephen Turner <stephen.n.turner@gmail.com> [2014-11-14 16:34:57 -0500]:
> Guess that patch is unstable or not what i expected. so there are no
> patches for M4, GMP, MPFR, or MPC?

fwiw i tried these configure flags on an i386 alpine vm and
unmodified gmp 6.0.0a source and it got built without any issues

so it's definitely possible to do what you want on a musl host

* Re: issues with headers?
@ 2014-11-14 23:28               ` Matias A. Fonzo
From: Matias A. Fonzo @ 2014-11-14 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

El Sat, 15 Nov 2014 00:21:25 +0100
Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@port70.net> escribió:
> * stephen Turner <stephen.n.turner@gmail.com> [2014-11-14 16:34:57
> -0500]:
> > Guess that patch is unstable or not what i expected. so there are no
> > patches for M4, GMP, MPFR, or MPC?
>
> fwiw i tried these configure flags on an i386 alpine vm and
> unmodified gmp 6.0.0a source and it got built without any issues
>
> so it's definitely possible to do what you want on a musl host

If it's a build of gmp, mpfr, and mpc included on GCC as built-in
(using musl-cross's patch), there's no problem. Otherwise, it needs
the updated config.sub[1] in order to match with linux-musl*.

[1]
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=config.git;a=blob_plain;f=config.sub;hb=HEAD

* Re: issues with headers?
@ 2014-11-14 23:37           ` Matias A. Fonzo
From: Matias A. Fonzo @ 2014-11-14 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

El Fri, 14 Nov 2014 15:22:28 -0500
stephen Turner <stephen.n.turner@gmail.com> escribió:
> looks like i missed the patch for m4, again my mistake sorry.

Question, which patch of m4?.

> thanks,
> stephen
>
> On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 3:01 PM, stephen Turner
> <stephen.n.turner@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > It appears like gmp doesn't play nice with musl hosts? a musl
> > target is fine allowing a cross environment to work but not a pure
> > musl evnironment or specifying musl as the host.
> >
> > I created a cross compiler successfully but using the cross
> > compiler to "recreate itself" hasn't worked when rebuilding gmp as
> > a part of the process. It could be me, everything up to this point
> > has been apparently but i was hoping someone could chime in and let
> > me know if they have compiled gmp on a native musl system or if it
> > requires a patch i missed or some gnu code?
> >
> > thanks,
> > stephen
> >
> > On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 2:49 PM, stephen Turner <
> > stephen.n.turner@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> GMP errors out with "invalid configuration 'non-pc-linux-musl' not
> >> recognized. Im using the --target and --host flags i686-linux-musl
> >> and --build i686-linux-gnu.  I also tried switching to a chroot
> >> musl env and running a plain configure on gmp only and it
> >> complains the compiler cant create executables which i know to be
> >> false.
> >>
> >> Will GMP compile on a musl system?
> >> Google search showed one other person with the issue but no answer.
> >>
> >> thanks,
> >> stephen

* Re: issues with headers?
@ 2014-11-14 23:57             ` stephen Turner
From: stephen Turner @ 2014-11-14 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

there was an devel-m4.diff patch available from gregorr website where the
gcc musl patch can be found albiet the m4 was in a different directory and
didn't work.
https://github.com/GregorR/musl-pkgsrc-patches/blob/master/devel-m4.diff

I attached the config.log from the gmp folder. It complains when trying to
run -std=c99 or -std=gnu99 -E

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 6:37 PM, Matias A. Fonzo <selk@dragora.org> wrote:

> El Fri, 14 Nov 2014 15:22:28 -0500
> stephen Turner <stephen.n.turner@gmail.com> escribió:
> > looks like i missed the patch for m4, again my mistake sorry.
>
> Question, which patch of m4?.
>
> > thanks,
> > stephen
> >
> > On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 3:01 PM, stephen Turner
> > <stephen.n.turner@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > It appears like gmp doesn't play nice with musl hosts? a musl
> > > target is fine allowing a cross environment to work but not a pure
> > > musl evnironment or specifying musl as the host.
> > >
> > > I created a cross compiler successfully but using the cross
> > > compiler to "recreate itself" hasn't worked when rebuilding gmp as
> > > a part of the process. It could be me, everything up to this point
> > > has been apparently but i was hoping someone could chime in and let
> > > me know if they have compiled gmp on a native musl system or if it
> > > requires a patch i missed or some gnu code?
> > >
> > > thanks,
> > > stephen

[-- Attachment #2: config.log --]

This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

It was created by GNU MP configure 4.3.2, which was
generated by GNU Autoconf 2.61.  Invocation command line was

  $ /root/code/gcc/gmp/configure --cache-file=./config.cache --disable-nls --disable-shared --enable-static --without-headers --with-newlib --disable-decimal-float --disable-libgomp --disable-libmudflap --disable-libssp --disable-libatomic --disable-libquadmath --disable-multilib --disable-bootstrap --disable-threads --prefix=/root/cross/tools/ --with-sysroot=/root/cross/ --enable-languages=c,lto --program-transform-name=s&^&i686-linux-musl-& --disable-option-checking --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --host=none-pc-linux-gnu --target=none-pc-linux-gnu --srcdir=../../gcc/gmp --disable-shared

## --------- ##
## Platform. ##
## --------- ##

hostname = Stephen-Linux
uname -m = i686
uname -r = 3.2.0-4-686-pae
uname -s = Linux
uname -v = #1 SMP Debian 3.2.60-1+deb7u3

/usr/bin/uname -p = unknown
/bin/uname -X     = unknown

/bin/arch              = unknown
/usr/bin/arch -k       = unknown
/usr/convex/getsysinfo = unknown
/usr/bin/hostinfo      = unknown
/bin/machine           = unknown
/usr/bin/oslevel       = unknown
/bin/universe          = unknown

PATH: /usr/local/sbin
PATH: /usr/local/bin
PATH: /usr/sbin
PATH: /usr/bin
PATH: /sbin
PATH: /bin

## ----------- ##
## Core tests. ##
## ----------- ##

configure:1957: creating cache ./config.cache
configure:2123: checking build system type
configure:2141: result: i686-pc-linux-gnu
configure:2163: checking host system type
configure:2178: result: none-pc-linux-gnu
configure:2215: checking for a BSD-compatible install
configure:2271: result: /usr/bin/install -c
configure:2282: checking whether build environment is sane
configure:2325: result: yes
configure:2382: checking for gawk
configure:2409: result: mawk
configure:2420: checking whether make sets $(MAKE)
configure:2441: result: yes
configure:2520: checking for none-pc-linux-gnu-strip
configure:2550: result: no
configure:2560: checking for strip
configure:2576: found /usr/bin/strip
configure:2587: result: strip
configure:2601: WARNING: In the future, Autoconf will not detect cross-tools
whose name does not start with the host triplet.  If you think this
configuration is useful to you, please write to autoconf@gnu.org.
configure:2623: checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles
configure:2632: result: no
User:
ABI=
CC=/root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc
CFLAGS=-O0 --static
CPPFLAGS=(unset)
MPN_PATH=
GMP:
abilist=long longlong
cclist=gcc cc
configure:4324: /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc -c conftest.c >&5
configure:4327: $? = 0
configure:4330: checking whether /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc is gcc
configure:4332: result: yes
configure:4346: /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc 2>&1 | grep xlc >/dev/null
configure:4349: $? = 1
configure:4403: checking compiler /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc -O0 --static -DNO_ASM
Test compile:
configure:4417: /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc -O0 --static -DNO_ASM conftest.c >&5
configure:4420: $? = 0
Test compile: function pointer return
configure:4471: /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc -O0 --static -DNO_ASM conftest.c >&5
configure:4474: $? = 0
Test compile: cmov instruction
configure:4527: /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc -O0 --static -DNO_ASM conftest.c >&5
configure:4530: $? = 0
Test compile: double -> ulong conversion
configure:4584: /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc -O0 --static -DNO_ASM conftest.c >&5
configure:4587: $? = 0
Test compile: double negation
configure:4639: /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc -O0 --static -DNO_ASM conftest.c >&5
configure:4642: $? = 0
Test compile: double -> float conversion
configure:4695: /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc -O0 --static -DNO_ASM conftest.c >&5
configure:4698: $? = 0
Test compile: gnupro alpha ev6 char spilling
configure:4780: /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc -O0 --static -DNO_ASM conftest.c >&5
configure:4783: $? = 0
Test compile: __builtin_alloca availability
configure:4831: /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc -O0 --static -DNO_ASM conftest.c >&5
/root/cross/lib/crt1.o: In function `_start':
(.text+0x18): undefined reference to `main'
configure:4834: $? = 1
failed program was:
int k; int foo () { __builtin_alloca (k); }
Test compile: abs int -> double conversion
configure:4955: /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc -O0 --static -DNO_ASM conftest.c >&5
configure:4958: $? = 0
Test compile: long long reliability test 1
configure:5019: /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc -O0 --static -DNO_ASM conftest.c >&5
configure:5022: $? = 0
Test compile: long long reliability test 2
configure:5079: /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc -O0 --static -DNO_ASM conftest.c >&5
configure:5082: $? = 0
Test compile: mpn_lshift_com optimization
configure:5178: /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc -O0 --static -DNO_ASM conftest.c >&5
configure:5181: $? = 0
Test compile: mpn_lshift_com optimization 2
configure:5286: /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc -O0 --static -DNO_ASM conftest.c >&5
configure:5289: $? = 0
configure:5443: result: yes
configure:7063: checking for none-pc-linux-gnu-gcc
configure:7090: result: /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc
configure:7368: checking for C compiler version
configure:7375: /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc --version >&5
i686-linux-musl-gcc (GCC) 4.7.3

configure:7378: $? = 0
configure:7385: /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc -v >&5
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=/root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/root/tools/libexec/gcc/i686-linux-musl/4.7.3/lto-wrapper
Target: i686-linux-musl
Configured with: ../gcc/configure --enable-languages=c --disable-nls --disable-shared --enable-static --without-headers --with-newlib --disable-decimal-float --disable-libgomp --disable-libmudflap --disable-libssp --disable-libatomic --disable-libquadmath --disable-multilib --disable-bootstrap --disable-threads --prefix=/root/tools/ --target=i686-linux-musl --with-sysroot=/root/cross/
Thread model: single
gcc version 4.7.3 (GCC)
configure:7388: $? = 0
configure:7395: /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc -V >&5
i686-linux-musl-gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-V'
i686-linux-musl-gcc: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
configure:7398: $? = 1
configure:7421: checking for C compiler default output file name
configure:7448: /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc -O0 --static -DNO_ASM   conftest.c  >&5
configure:7451: $? = 0
configure:7489: result: a.out
configure:7506: checking whether the C compiler works
configure:7536: result: yes
configure:7543: checking whether we are cross compiling
configure:7545: result: yes
configure:7548: checking for suffix of executables
configure:7555: /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc -o conftest -O0 --static -DNO_ASM   conftest.c  >&5
configure:7558: $? = 0
configure:7582: result:
configure:7588: checking for suffix of object files
configure:7614: /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc -c -O0 --static -DNO_ASM conftest.c >&5
configure:7617: $? = 0
configure:7640: result: o
configure:7644: checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler
configure:7673: /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc -c -O0 --static -DNO_ASM conftest.c >&5
configure:7679: $? = 0
configure:7696: result: yes
configure:7701: checking whether /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc accepts -g
configure:7731: /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc -c -g -DNO_ASM conftest.c >&5
configure:7737: $? = 0
configure:7836: result: yes
configure:7853: checking for /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc option to accept ISO C89
configure:7927: /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc  -c -O0 --static -DNO_ASM conftest.c >&5
configure:7933: $? = 0
configure:7956: result: none needed
configure:7976: checking for /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc option to accept ISO C99
configure:8135: /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc  -c -O0 --static -DNO_ASM conftest.c >&5
conftest.c:62:29: error: expected ';', ',' or ')' before 'text'
conftest.c: In function 'main':
conftest.c:116:18: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'newvar'
conftest.c:116:18: error: 'newvar' undeclared (first use in this function)
conftest.c:116:18: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
conftest.c:126:3: error: 'for' loop initial declarations are only allowed in C99 mode
conftest.c:126:3: note: use option -std=c99 or -std=gnu99 to compile your code
configure:8141: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
> [...]
|   int number;
|   const wchar_t *name;
|   double average;
| };
|
| typedef const char *ccp;
|
| static inline int
| test_restrict (ccp restrict text)
| {
|   // See if C++-style comments work.
|   // Iterate through items via the restricted pointer.
|   // Also check for declarations in for loops.
|   for (unsigned int i = 0; *(text+i) != '\0'; ++i)
|     continue;
|   return 0;
| }
|
| // Check varargs and va_copy.
| static void
| test_varargs (const char *format, ...)
| {
|   va_list args;
|   va_start (args, format);
|   va_list args_copy;
|   va_copy (args_copy, args);
|
|   const char *str;
|   int number;
|   float fnumber;
|
|   while (*format)
|     {
|       switch (*format++)
| 	{
| 	case 's': // string
| 	  str = va_arg (args_copy, const char *);
| 	  break;
| 	case 'd': // int
| 	  number = va_arg (args_copy, int);
| 	  break;
| 	case 'f': // float
| 	  fnumber = va_arg (args_copy, double);
| 	  break;
| 	default:
| 	  break;
| 	}
|     }
|   va_end (args_copy);
|   va_end (args);
| }
|
| int
| main ()
| {
|
|   // Check bool.
|   _Bool success = false;
|
|   // Check restrict.
|   if (test_restrict ("String literal") == 0)
|     success = true;
|   char *restrict newvar = "Another string";
|
|   // Check varargs.
|   test_varargs ("s, d' f .", "string", 65, 34.234);
|   test_varargs_macros ();
|
|   // Check flexible array members.
|   struct incomplete_array *ia =
|     malloc (sizeof (struct incomplete_array) + (sizeof (double) * 10));
|   ia->datasize = 10;
|   for (int i = 0; i < ia->datasize; ++i)
|     ia->data[i] = i * 1.234;
|
|   // Check named initializers.
|   struct named_init ni = {
|     .number = 34,
|     .name = L"Test wide string",
|     .average = 543.34343,
|   };
|
|   ni.number = 58;
|
|   int dynamic_array[ni.number];
|   dynamic_array[ni.number - 1] = 543;
|
|   // work around unused variable warnings
|   return (!success || bignum == 0LL || ubignum == 0uLL || newvar[0] == 'x'
| 	  || dynamic_array[ni.number - 1] != 543);

configure:8135: /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc -std=gnu99 -c -O0 --static -DNO_ASM conftest.c >&5
configure:8141: $? = 0
configure:8171: result: -std=gnu99
configure:8301: checking for /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc -std=gnu99 option to accept ISO Standard C
configure:8312: result: -std=gnu99
configure:8322: checking how to run the C preprocessor
configure:8362: /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc -std=gnu99 -E -DNO_ASM conftest.c
configure:8368: $? = 0
configure:8399: /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc -std=gnu99 -E -DNO_ASM conftest.c
conftest.c:12:28: fatal error: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
configure:8405: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
| #define PACKAGE_NAME "GNU MP"
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "gmp"
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "4.3.2"
| #define PACKAGE_STRING "GNU MP 4.3.2"
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT "gmp-bugs@gmplib.org"
| #define PACKAGE "gmp"
| #define VERSION "4.3.2"
| #define WANT_FFT 1
| #define HAVE_HOST_CPU_none 1
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
| #include <ac_nonexistent.h>
configure:8438: result: /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc -std=gnu99 -E
configure:8467: /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc -std=gnu99 -E -DNO_ASM conftest.c
configure:8473: $? = 0
configure:8504: /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc -std=gnu99 -E -DNO_ASM conftest.c
conftest.c:12:28: fatal error: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
configure:8510: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
| #define PACKAGE_NAME "GNU MP"
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "gmp"
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "4.3.2"
| #define PACKAGE_STRING "GNU MP 4.3.2"
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT "gmp-bugs@gmplib.org"
| #define PACKAGE "gmp"
| #define VERSION "4.3.2"
| #define WANT_FFT 1
| #define HAVE_HOST_CPU_none 1
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
| #include <ac_nonexistent.h>
configure:8584: /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc -std=gnu99 -c -O0 --static -DNO_ASM conftest.c >&5
configure:8590: $? = 0
configure:8613: checking build system compiler /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc
configure:8626: /root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc conftest.c
conftest.c: In function 'main':
conftest.c:4:3: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit' [enabled by default]
configure:8629: $? = 0
/root/code/gcc/gmp/configure: line 8631: ./a.out: No such file or directory
/root/code/gcc/gmp/configure: line 8631: ./b.out: No such file or directory
/root/code/gcc/gmp/configure: line 8631: ./a.exe: No such file or directory
/root/code/gcc/gmp/configure: line 8631: ./a_out.exe: No such file or directory
/root/code/gcc/gmp/configure: line 8631: ./conftest: No such file or directory
configure:8636: result: no
configure:8641: error: Specified CC_FOR_BUILD doesn't seem to work

## ---------------- ##
## Cache variables. ##
## ---------------- ##

ac_cv_build=i686-pc-linux-gnu
ac_cv_c_compiler_gnu=yes
ac_cv_env_ABI_set=
ac_cv_env_ABI_value=
ac_cv_env_CCC_set=
ac_cv_env_CCC_value=
ac_cv_env_CC_FOR_BUILD_set=set
ac_cv_env_CC_FOR_BUILD_value=/root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc
ac_cv_env_CC_set=set
ac_cv_env_CC_value=/root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc
ac_cv_env_CFLAGS_set=set
ac_cv_env_CFLAGS_value='-O0 --static'
ac_cv_env_CPPFLAGS_set=
ac_cv_env_CPPFLAGS_value=
ac_cv_env_CPP_FOR_BUILD_set=
ac_cv_env_CPP_FOR_BUILD_value=
ac_cv_env_CPP_set=
ac_cv_env_CPP_value=
ac_cv_env_CXXCPP_set=
ac_cv_env_CXXCPP_value=
ac_cv_env_CXXFLAGS_set=set
ac_cv_env_CXXFLAGS_value='-g -O2'
ac_cv_env_CXX_set=set
ac_cv_env_CXX_value=g++
ac_cv_env_LDFLAGS_set=set
ac_cv_env_LDFLAGS_value=' '
ac_cv_env_LIBS_set=
ac_cv_env_LIBS_value=
ac_cv_env_M4_set=set
ac_cv_env_M4_value=m4
ac_cv_env_YACC_set=set
ac_cv_env_YACC_value='bison -y'
ac_cv_env_YFLAGS_set=
ac_cv_env_YFLAGS_value=
ac_cv_env_build_alias_set=set
ac_cv_env_build_alias_value=i686-pc-linux-gnu
ac_cv_env_host_alias_set=set
ac_cv_env_host_alias_value=none-pc-linux-gnu
ac_cv_env_target_alias_set=set
ac_cv_env_target_alias_value=none-pc-linux-gnu
ac_cv_host=none-pc-linux-gnu
ac_cv_objext=o
ac_cv_prog_AWK=mawk
ac_cv_prog_CC=/root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc
ac_cv_prog_CPP='/root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc -std=gnu99 -E'
ac_cv_prog_ac_ct_STRIP=strip
ac_cv_prog_cc_c89=
ac_cv_prog_cc_c99=-std=gnu99
ac_cv_prog_cc_g=yes
ac_cv_prog_cc_stdc=-std=gnu99
ac_cv_prog_make_make_set=yes

## ----------------- ##
## Output variables. ##
## ----------------- ##

ABI='long'
ACLOCAL='${SHELL} /root/code/gcc/gmp/missing --run aclocal-1.8'
AMTAR='${SHELL} /root/code/gcc/gmp/missing --run tar'
ANSI2KNR=''
AR='/root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-ar'
AS='as'
ASMFLAGS=''
AUTOCONF='${SHELL} /root/code/gcc/gmp/missing --run autoconf'
AUTOHEADER='${SHELL} /root/code/gcc/gmp/missing --run autoheader'
AUTOMAKE='${SHELL} /root/code/gcc/gmp/missing --run automake-1.8'
AWK='mawk'
BITS_PER_MP_LIMB=''
CALLING_CONVENTIONS_OBJS=''
CC='/root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc -std=gnu99'
CCAS=''
CC_FOR_BUILD='/root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc'
CFLAGS='-O0 --static'
CPP='/root/tools/bin/i686-linux-musl-gcc -std=gnu99 -E'
CPPFLAGS='-DNO_ASM'
CPP_FOR_BUILD=''
CXX='g++'
CXXCPP=''
CXXFLAGS='-g -O2'
CYGPATH_W='echo'
DEFN_LONG_LONG_LIMB='/* #undef _LONG_LONG_LIMB */'
DEFS=''
DLLTOOL='dlltool'
ECHO='echo'
ECHO_C=''
ECHO_N='-n'
ECHO_T=''
EGREP=''
ENABLE_STATIC_FALSE=''
ENABLE_STATIC_TRUE=''
EXEEXT=''
EXEEXT_FOR_BUILD=''
GMP_LDFLAGS=''
GMP_NAIL_BITS='0'
GREP=''
HAVE_CLOCK_01=''
HAVE_CPUTIME_01=''
HAVE_GETRUSAGE_01=''
HAVE_GETTIMEOFDAY_01=''
HAVE_HOST_CPU_FAMILY_power='0'
HAVE_HOST_CPU_FAMILY_powerpc='0'
HAVE_SIGACTION_01=''
HAVE_SIGALTSTACK_01=''
HAVE_SIGSTACK_01=''
HAVE_STACK_T_01=''
HAVE_SYS_RESOURCE_H_01=''
INSTALL_DATA='/usr/bin/install -c -m 644'
INSTALL_PROGRAM='/usr/bin/install -c'
INSTALL_SCRIPT='/usr/bin/install -c'
INSTALL_STRIP_PROGRAM='${SHELL} $(install_sh) -c -s'
LDFLAGS=' '
LEX='/root/code/gcc/missing flex'
LEXLIB=''
LEX_OUTPUT_ROOT=''
LIBCURSES=''
LIBGMPXX_LDFLAGS=''
LIBGMP_DLL=''
LIBGMP_LDFLAGS=''
LIBM=''
LIBM_FOR_BUILD=''
LIBOBJS=''
LIBREADLINE=''
LIBS=''
LIBTOOL=''
LN_S=''
LTLIBOBJS=''
M4='m4'
MAINT='#'
MAINTAINER_MODE_FALSE=''
MAINTAINER_MODE_TRUE='#'
MAKEINFO='/root/code/gcc/missing makeinfo --split-size=5000000'
OBJDUMP='objdump'
OBJEXT='o'
PACKAGE='gmp'
PACKAGE_BUGREPORT='gmp-bugs@gmplib.org'
PACKAGE_NAME='GNU MP'
PACKAGE_STRING='GNU MP 4.3.2'
PACKAGE_TARNAME='gmp'
PACKAGE_VERSION='4.3.2'
PATH_SEPARATOR=':'
RANLIB='ranlib'
SED='/bin/sed'
SET_MAKE=''
SHELL='/bin/bash'
SPEED_CYCLECOUNTER_OBJ=''
STRIP='strip'
TAL_OBJECT=''
TUNE_SQR_OBJ=''
U=''
U_FOR_BUILD=''
VERSION='4.3.2'
WANT_CXX_FALSE=''
WANT_CXX_TRUE=''
WANT_MPBSD_FALSE=''
WANT_MPBSD_TRUE='#'
WITH_READLINE_01=''
YACC='bison -y'
YFLAGS=''
ac_ct_CC=''
ac_ct_CXX=''
am__leading_dot='.'
bindir='${exec_prefix}/bin'
build='i686-pc-linux-gnu'
build_alias='i686-pc-linux-gnu'
build_cpu='i686'
build_os='linux-gnu'
build_vendor='pc'
datadir='${datarootdir}'
datarootdir='${prefix}/share'
docdir='${datarootdir}/doc/${PACKAGE_TARNAME}'
dvidir='${docdir}'
exec_prefix='NONE'
gmp_srclinks=''
host='none-pc-linux-gnu'
host_alias='none-pc-linux-gnu'
host_cpu='none'
host_os='linux-gnu'
host_vendor='pc'
htmldir='${docdir}'
includedir='${prefix}/include'
infodir='${datarootdir}/info'
install_sh='/root/code/gcc/gmp/install-sh'
libdir='${exec_prefix}/lib'
libexecdir='${exec_prefix}/libexec'
localedir='${datarootdir}/locale'
localstatedir='${prefix}/var'
mandir='${datarootdir}/man'
mkdir_p='mkdir -p -- .'
mpn_objects=''
mpn_objs_in_libgmp=''
mpn_objs_in_libmp=''
oldincludedir='/usr/include'
pdfdir='${docdir}'
prefix='/root/cross/tools/'
program_transform_name='s&^&i686-linux-musl-&'
psdir='${docdir}'
sbindir='${exec_prefix}/sbin'
sharedstatedir='${prefix}/com'
sysconfdir='${prefix}/etc'
target_alias='none-pc-linux-gnu'

## ----------- ##
## confdefs.h. ##
## ----------- ##

#define PACKAGE_NAME "GNU MP"
#define PACKAGE_TARNAME "gmp"
#define PACKAGE_VERSION "4.3.2"
#define PACKAGE_STRING "GNU MP 4.3.2"
#define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT "gmp-bugs@gmplib.org"
#define PACKAGE "gmp"
#define VERSION "4.3.2"
#define WANT_FFT 1
#define HAVE_HOST_CPU_none 1

configure: exit 1

* Re: issues with headers?
@ 2014-11-15  7:01       ` Weldon Goree
From: Weldon Goree @ 2014-11-15  7:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

On Saturday 15 November 2014 01:19 AM, stephen Turner wrote:
> GMP errors out with "invalid configuration 'non-pc-linux-musl' not
> recognized. Im using the --target and --host flags i686-linux-musl and
> --build i686-linux-gnu.  I also tried switching to a chroot musl env and
> running a plain configure on gmp only and it complains the compiler cant
> create executables which i know to be false.
>
> Will GMP compile on a musl system?
> Google search showed one other person with the issue but no answer.
>
> thanks,
> stephen

Side note, GMP doesn't accept --target, just --build and --host. It
builds fine for me with

--build=x86_64-slackware-linux-gnu --host=i486-linux-musl

Since version 5.1 or so its config.sub file has recognized musl as a
system library (MPC and MPFR still need it added to their config.sub).

WMG

* Re: issues with headers?
@ 2014-11-17 23:54         ` stephen Turner
From: stephen Turner @ 2014-11-17 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)