* Iterate over color scheme in ConTeXt/Lua
@ 2020-07-12 19:58 Jairo A. del Rio
From: Jairo A. del Rio @ 2020-07-12 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, list. I've got a question about color schemes in ConTeXt

What if want to access the entire list of, say, xwi:

for k,v in pairs(xwi_list) do --Supposing xwi_list is contains xwi colors
  (whatever action I want)
end

So far I'm manually setting colors from colo-imp-xwi.mkiv, but I suspect
there's a less manual method. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Jairo :)

* Re: Iterate over color scheme in ConTeXt/Lua
@ 2020-07-12 21:20 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2020-07-12 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 7/12/2020 9:58 PM, Jairo A. del Rio wrote:
> Hi, list. I've got a question about color schemes in ConTeXt
>
> What if want to access the entire list of, say, xwi:
>
> for k,v in pairs(xwi_list) do --Supposing xwi_list is contains xwi colors
>    (whatever action I want)
> end
>
> So far I'm manually setting colors from colo-imp-xwi.mkiv, but I suspect
> there's a less manual method. Thank you in advance.
You get a list of defined color names in 'xwi' with:

    attributes.colors.setlist("xwi")

Anyway, "whatever action I want" is somewhat vague, for instance you the
vebose spec with:

   attributes.colors.values[name]

but there's more. There might be better ways to achieve what you need it
for.

Here is a nostalgic mkii accessor for such a list (color support is a
real old feature and conceptually hasn't changed that much):

   \def\WhateverActionIWant#1{#1\par}

   \settrue\collectcolorsinlist \setupcolor[xwi]

   \processcommacommand[\colorlist]\WhateverActionIWant

but you probably don't want to catch up on that.

Hans

* Re: Iterate over color scheme in ConTeXt/Lua
@ 2020-07-12 21:54   ` Jairo A. del Rio
From: Jairo A. del Rio @ 2020-07-12 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

El dom., 12 de jul. de 2020 a la(s) 16:20, Hans Hagen (j.hagen@xs4all.nl)
escribió:

> You get a list of defined color names in 'xwi' with:
>
>     attributes.colors.setlist("xwi")

Nice, it works! I note the first method only works when \usecolors[xwi] is
present; otherwise, it prints an interesting "themaintextcolor".

Here is a nostalgic mkii accessor for such a list (color support is a
> real old feature and conceptually hasn't changed that much):
>
>    \def\WhateverActionIWant#1{#1\par}
>
>    \settrue\collectcolorsinlist \setupcolor[xwi]
>
>    \processcommacommand[\colorlist]\WhateverActionIWant
>
> but you probably don't want to catch up on that.

It doesn't work in Mark IV (\colorlist is undefined). Maybe I'm too young,
but Mark II was already frozen when I was a teenager, so I'm not sure I
want to try it now. Thanks, Hans!

Cordially,

@ 2020-07-13  7:43     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2020-07-13  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 7/12/2020 11:54 PM, Jairo A. del Rio wrote:
> El dom., 12 de jul. de 2020 a la(s) 16:20, Hans Hagen (j.hagen@xs4all.nl
> <mailto:j.hagen@xs4all.nl>) escribió:
>
>     You get a list of defined color names in 'xwi' with:
>
>          attributes.colors.setlist("xwi")
>
> Nice, it works! I note the first method only works when \usecolors[xwi]
> is present; otherwise, it prints an interesting "themaintextcolor".
>
>     Here is a nostalgic mkii accessor for such a list (color support is a
>     real old feature and conceptually hasn't changed that much):
>
>         \def\WhateverActionIWant#1{#1\par}
>
>         \settrue\collectcolorsinlist \setupcolor[xwi]
>
>         \processcommacommand[\colorlist]\WhateverActionIWant
>
>     but you probably don't want to catch up on that.
>

> It doesn't work in Mark IV (\colorlist is undefined). Maybe I'm too
> young, but Mark II was already frozen when I was a teenager, so I'm not
> sure I want to try it now. Thanks, Hans!
It's low level mkii, never meant for usage outside core code (in this
case in mkii it is used for typesetting color overviews); mkiv still has
the same high level commands but different low level ... nothing to
worry about. The only high level commands that were dropped in mkiv were
those dealing with obsolete technologies, encodings and such)

Hans