* Why is the fonts database not updated?
@ 2023-06-30  9:45 Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2023-06-30  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

I moved the fonts form my personal library to the system-wide library but context keeps on keeping the font setup to look for the personal library

After I have run

mtxrun --script font --reload --force

and I compile my test file I see:

fonts           > defining > source file '/Users/gerben/Library/Fonts/Ophian-Regular.otf' is not found
fonts           > defining > using source file '/Library/Fonts/Ophian-Regular.otf' due to cache mismatch
fonts           > defining > source file '/Users/gerben/Library/Fonts/Cabin-Regular.ttf' is not found
fonts           > defining > using source file '/Library/Fonts/Cabin-Regular.ttf' due to cache mismatch

Is there a better way to force a real reload of the font cache?

Gerben Wierda (LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/gerbenwierda>, Mastodon <https://newsie.social/@gctwnl>)
R&A IT Strategy <https://ea.rna.nl/> (main site)
Book: Chess and the Art of Enterprise Architecture <https://ea.rna.nl/the-book/>
Book: Mastering ArchiMate <https://ea.rna.nl/the-book-edition-iii/>

* Re: Why is the fonts database not updated?
@ 2023-07-04 20:47 ` Bruce Horrocks
From: Bruce Horrocks @ 2023-07-04 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 30 Jun 2023, at 10:45, Gerben Wierda <gerben.wierda@rna.nl> wrote:
>
> I moved the fonts form my personal library to the system-wide library but context keeps on keeping the font setup to look for the personal library
>
> After I have run
>
> mtxrun --script font --reload --force
>
> and I compile my test file I see:
>
> fonts           > defining > source file '/Users/gerben/Library/Fonts/Ophian-Regular.otf' is not found
> fonts           > defining > using source file '/Library/Fonts/Ophian-Regular.otf' due to cache mismatch
> fonts           > defining > source file '/Users/gerben/Library/Fonts/Cabin-Regular.ttf' is not found
> fonts           > defining > using source file '/Library/Fonts/Cabin-Regular.ttf' due to cache mismatch
>
> Is there a better way to force a real reload of the font cache?

The command

  $ mtxrun --scripts cache --erase

should clear the whole cache.

—
Bruce Horrocks
Hampshire, UK

* Re: Why is the fonts database not updated?
@ 2023-07-07 20:52   ` Thangalin
From: Thangalin @ 2023-07-07 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)