* Table
@ 2023-03-13 11:50 Ursula Hermann via ntg-context
From: Ursula Hermann via ntg-context @ 2023-03-13 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 130 bytes --]

I'd like to do a Table lik this one
[enter image description here]
I have no example. How can I do that?

Many thanks
Uschi

[-- Attachment #1.1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 2761 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #1.2: image001.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 3338 bytes --]

* Re: Table
@ 2023-03-13 13:15 ` Mikael Sundqvist via ntg-context
From: Mikael Sundqvist via ntg-context @ 2023-03-13 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 897 bytes --]

Hi Uschi,

On Mon, Mar 13, 2023 at 1:03 PM Ursula Hermann via ntg-context <
ntg-context@ntg.nl> wrote:

> I’d like to do a Table lik this one
>
> [image: enter image description here]
>
> I have no example. How can I do that?
>

> Many thanks
>
> Uschi

There are probably better ways, but this seems to give something like what
you look for:

\starttext

\setupTABLE[c][align=middle]
\setupTABLE[c][odd][width=2em]
\setupTABLE[c][even][width=1mm]
\setupTABLE[r][2][height=1mm]
\setupTABLE[c][1][leftframe=off]
\setupTABLE[c][5][rightframe=off]

\bTABLE
\bTR
\bTD 1 \eTD \bTD \eTD \bTD 2 \eTD \bTD \eTD \bTD 3 \eTD
\eTR
\bTR
\bTD \eTD \bTD \eTD \bTD \eTD \bTD \eTD \bTD \eTD
\eTR
\bTR
\bTD 4 \eTD \bTD \eTD \bTD 5 \eTD \bTD \eTD \bTD 6 \eTD
\eTR
\bTR
\bTD 7 \eTD \bTD \eTD \bTD 8 \eTD \bTD \eTD \bTD 9 \eTD
\eTR
\eTABLE

\stoptext

/Mikael

[-- Attachment #1.1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 6096 bytes --]

@ 2023-03-13 13:35   ` Ursula Hermann via ntg-context
From: Ursula Hermann via ntg-context @ 2023-03-13 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1249 bytes --]

Dear Mikael!

Many thanks, that works great!

[...]

[-- Attachment #1.1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 24882 bytes --]

@ 2013-05-03 11:47 "H. Özoguz"
From: "H. Özoguz" @ 2013-05-03 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> Do minipages support page breaks? And floats?
>
> Did you try this:
> http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2012/068387.html  ?

No, they do not, but this was ok for that bilingual project.

No, I did not try this solution, and to be honest: I hope not to have,
because it seems too complicated for me to implement it. I usually only
work with .tex files in ConText, nothing more. But maybe, if there is no
other way, I have to come back to that. Thanks for the info.

Huseyin

* Re: Table
@ 2013-05-03 11:31 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2013-05-03 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
           Peter

* Re: Table
@ 2013-05-03 10:52 "H. Özoguz"
From: "H. Özoguz" @ 2013-05-03 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> Why don’t you use natural tables where each cell *is a frame*.

Ah, ok Wolfgang. I did not get this at your first posting. I will try it!

Huseyin.

* Re: Table
@ 2013-05-03 10:51 Eslamica
From: Eslamica @ 2013-05-03 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> Why don't you use natural tables where each cell *is a frame*.

Ah, ok Wolfgang. I did not get at with your first post. I will try it!

--

*Hüseyin Özoguz
**

Sitz der Gesellschaft Bremen
Amtsgericht Bremen, HRA 23526
Ust-IdNr.: 237875374

Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin
m-haditec GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft Bremen
Amtsgericht Bremen, HRA 22270
Geschäftsführer:
Dr.-Ing. Yavuz Özoguz
Dr.-Ing. Gürhan Özoguz

Raiffeisen-Volksbank
BLZ: 280 671 70, Kto. Nr.: 711 894 500
IBAN: DE70 2806 7170 0711 8945 00
BIC: GENODEF1GSC

* Re: Table
@ 2013-05-03 10:47 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-05-03 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 03.05.2013 um 12:39 schrieb "H. Özoguz" <h.oezoguz@mmnetz.de>:

> Thanks.
>
>> You can use \framed but like a minipage no page breaks are possible in a block.
>>
>> > This sets very well the german and the arabic text, with different interlinespaces. Is there a possibility to copy this into ConText?
>>
>> You can use natural tables (or xtables) and use the loffset and roffset keys for
>> margins between both columns. You can also hide the table commands in your
>> own macros for the texts.
>
> Maybe the minipages/frames are really the only possibility, so that I have to resign page-breaking, sad, but if this is the only way... Because without different line-interspaces the arabic text is definitely not well readable.

Why don’t you use natural tables where each cell *is a frame*.

> Now I tried it with frames; this is my try (from the wiki):
>
> \starttext
> \startcombination[2*1]
> {\framed
>    [width=4cm,
>     align={flushleft}]
>    {\input ward }}
> {\framed
>    [width=4cm,
>     align={flushleft,nothyphenated,verytolerant}] % maybe also stretch
>    {\tfb \input ward }}
> \stopcombination
> \stoptext
>
> But it seems to not matter, if I write 2*1 or 1*2, in both cases the frames are set one below the other, and not side by side (what I want). Why?

Each entry in combination consists a the content and the caption but in your example the first frame is the content and the second the caption.

When you want two things side by side you can use \placesidebyside{…}{…}.

Wolfgang

* Re: Table
@ 2013-05-03 10:39 "H. Özoguz"
From: "H. Özoguz" @ 2013-05-03 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

@ 2013-05-03 10:11 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-05-03 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2013-05-03  9:54 "H. Özoguz"
From: "H. Özoguz" @ 2013-05-03  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

One thing to add: In LaTex I realized this with minipages:

\newcommand{\kum}[2]{

\begin{minipage}[t]{0.445\textwidth} \small

\end{minipage}

\begin{minipage}[t]{0.05\textwidth}

~

\end{minipage}

\begin{minipage}[t]{0.445\textwidth}

\begin{arab}[voc]

\raggedleft

\end{arab}

@ 2013-05-03  9:50 "H. Özoguz"
From: "H. Özoguz" @ 2013-05-03  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Thanks Wolfgang!
But now I see a different issue arising: The left and the right column
are set on the same lines (like grid-setting, not the same). I mean,
that the text in the left column is set on the same lines, like the text
in the right columns. Usually that is good, but not for my purpose,
because arabic is very different, has long letters. So for the arabic
text the interlinespace should be bigger, than for the german text. Is
that possible with a table?

An example:

\starttext

\starttabulate[|lp|rp|]

\NC \input knuth

\NC \dorecurse{20}{\tfc Blub}

\NC\NR

\stoptabulate

\stoptext

And this exactly, what happens with arabic. The only other possibility
would be to set the arabic font very small, but that would be not very
well readable.

Huseyin.

* Re: Table
@ 2013-05-03  9:19   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-05-03  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 03.05.2013 um 10:52 schrieb Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com>:

> The space between the columns can be controlled by the i, j or k keywords which accepts a number or a dimension as argument.
>
> %  i  i<n> skip left of column
> %  j  i<n> skip right of column
> %  k  i<n> skip around column

I’m sorry but the keys accept only a number which uses the values of \setuptabulate[unit=<dimension>]

\starttext

\starttabulate[|l|l|]
\VL Left column \VL Right Column \VL\NR
\stoptabulate

\starttabulate[|i1l|l|]
\VL Left column \VL Right Column \VL\NR
\stoptabulate

\starttabulate[|j1l|l|]
\VL Left column \VL Right Column \VL\NR
\stoptabulate

\starttabulate[|k1l|l|]
\VL Left column \VL Right Column \VL\NR
\stoptabulate

\blank[2cm]

\starttabulate[|l|l|]
\VL Left column \VL Right Column \VL\NR
\stoptabulate

\starttabulate[|l|l|][unit=2cm]

@ 2013-05-03  8:52 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-05-03  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 03.05.2013 um 10:39 schrieb H. Özoguz <h.oezoguz@mmnetz.de>:

> Hi,
>
> for a bilingual book (german-arabic) I want to use a table. So far I have this one:
>
> \starttabulate[||p(.46\textwidth)|p(.46\textwidth)||]
>
> But that is not exactly, what I want: I want a table with 3 columns. The left one ist left-aligned, for the german text (left-algined in the usual sence, I understood that these terms are opposite in context?), the middle one is empty (just to control the space between the to text-columns), and the right columns, arabic, is right aligned.
>
> I want to control all three by something like ".46\textwidth", and no indentation (like the above result, left column is indented). How to achieve this (simple) table? My tries did not work so far.

\showframe[text][text]

\starttext

\starttabulate[|lp|rp|]
\NC \input knuth \NC \input tufte \NC\NR
\stoptabulate

\stoptext

@ 2013-05-03  8:39 "H. Özoguz"
From: "H. Özoguz" @ 2013-05-03  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

@ 2010-12-09  7:15 ` barney schwartz
From: barney schwartz @ 2010-12-09  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Wolfgang,

 > \placetable
>     {Caption}
>     {\bTABLE
>      \eTABLE}

BUT I have a Long split=repeat table and when I use {} the table passes the
end of the page. If I remove {} it splits properly but then I have no
caption.

What to do?

barney

* Re: TABLE
@ 2010-12-06 14:47 ` Jörg Hagmann
From: Jörg Hagmann @ 2010-12-06 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12/6/10 3:41 PM, barndog1946@gmail.com wrote:
> search TABLE on the wiki, it is FULL of info
Now it is.

* Re: TABLE
@ 2010-12-06 14:45   ` Jörg Hagmann
From: Jörg Hagmann @ 2010-12-06 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you, Aditya and Wolfgang. I put the information on the wiki where
I would have expected it.
Jörg

> Am 06.12.2010 um 15:19 schrieb Jörg Hagmann:
>
>> Trying to use TABLE instead of \starttables...
>>
>> How does one place a TABLE, with a caption?
> \placetable
>     {Caption}
>     {\bTABLE
>      \eTABLE}
>
> Wolfgang

* Re: TABLE
@ 2010-12-06 14:41 barndog1946
From: barndog1946 @ 2010-12-06 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Jorg,

\placetable should do the trick.

I had similar question earlier.

@ 2010-12-06 14:24 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-12-06 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2010-12-06 14:19 Jörg Hagmann
From: Jörg Hagmann @ 2010-12-06 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Trying to use TABLE instead of \starttables...

How does one place a TABLE, with a caption?

Thanks, Jörg

* Re: TABLE
@ 2010-12-06 14:05 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2010-12-06 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 6 Dec 2010, Jörg Hagmann wrote:

> Trying to use TABLE instead of \starttables...
>
> How does one place a TABLE, with a caption?

\placetable
   [here,top,bottom]
   [tab:ref]
   {caption}
   {\bTABLE
    \eTABLE}

Aditya

* Re: Table
@ 2002-03-07 22:59 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-03-07 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 08:57 AM 3/7/2002 +0000, Nigel King wrote:
>Using the \bTABLE....\eTABLE macros what is the command for aligning a row
>at the bottom of the line?
>
>I was guessing \setupTABLE[row][1][align=bottom] but that does not work. I
>then tried to assemble the documentation but had problems see separate mail.
>(documents).

TYhe most minimal example i can come up with is:

\bTABLE
\bTR \bTD x \\ x \eTD \bTD[align=low] x \eTD \eTR
\eTABLE

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl
                                   fall-back web server: