* Archlinux: updated BPKGBUILD for luametatex
@ 2021-12-15 17:22 Aditya Mahajan via ntg-context
From: Aditya Mahajan via ntg-context @ 2021-12-15 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I am changing the way modules are installed in the ArchLinux aur package for luametatex.

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/luametatex/

Earlier, I was just sym-linking to the modules installed by context-minimals-git package (which I also maintain). However, some packages there were out of date (in particular pgf/tikz). The new PKGBUILD installs the modules directly from CTAN.

The following modules are installed by default:
    filter, vim, visualcounter, pgf, pgfplots, circtuitikz

You can install other modules by adding them in the PKGBUILD.

I am not sure if anyone else actually uses this PKGBUILD to maintain an up-to-date installation of LMTX. If someone does use it, and wishes to add more modules to the default list, I'll be happy to do that.

Aditya

* Re: Archlinux: updated BPKGBUILD for luametatex
@ 2021-12-15 18:28 ` Hans Hagen via ntg-context
From: Hans Hagen via ntg-context @ 2021-12-15 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12/15/2021 6:22 PM, Aditya Mahajan via ntg-context wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am changing the way modules are installed in the ArchLinux aur package for luametatex.
>
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/luametatex/
>
> Earlier, I was just sym-linking to the modules installed by context-minimals-git package (which I also maintain). However, some packages there were out of date (in particular pgf/tikz). The new PKGBUILD installs the modules directly from CTAN.
>
> The following modules are installed by default:
>      filter, vim, visualcounter, pgf, pgfplots, circtuitikz
>
> You can install other modules by adding them in the PKGBUILD.
>
> I am not sure if anyone else actually uses this PKGBUILD to maintain an up-to-date installation of LMTX. If someone does use it, and wishes to add more modules to the default list, I'll be happy to do that.
Just curious ... we have this

 >mtxrun --script ctan --packages --pattern=tikz

which just gives info (at the time i made that the ctan api was bugged
as it mixed up xml and json keys, but i'm not sure if that was fixed of
became bug=feature for practical reasons)

i never came to a 'download option' because it was ot clear where to
download from .. are there zips?

(i actually made it when i played with identifying potential fonts)

Hans

* Re: Archlinux: updated BPKGBUILD for luametatex
@ 2021-12-15 18:56   ` kaddour kardio via ntg-context
From: kaddour kardio via ntg-context @ 2021-12-15 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Great 👍 thank you again Aditya

@ 2021-12-15 20:08   ` Michal Vlasák via ntg-context
From: Michal Vlasák via ntg-context @ 2021-12-15 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed Dec 15, 2021 at 7:28 PM CET, Hans Hagen via ntg-context wrote:
> On 12/15/2021 6:22 PM, Aditya Mahajan via ntg-context wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am changing the way modules are installed in the ArchLinux aur package for luametatex.
> >
> > https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/luametatex/
> >
> > Earlier, I was just sym-linking to the modules installed by context-minimals-git package (which I also maintain). However, some packages there were out of date (in particular pgf/tikz). The new PKGBUILD installs the modules directly from CTAN.
> >
> > The following modules are installed by default:
> >      filter, vim, visualcounter, pgf, pgfplots, circtuitikz
> >
> > You can install other modules by adding them in the PKGBUILD.
> >
> > I am not sure if anyone else actually uses this PKGBUILD to maintain an up-to-date installation of LMTX. If someone does use it, and wishes to add more modules to the default list, I'll be happy to do that.
> Just curious ... we have this
>
> >mtxrun --script ctan --packages --pattern=tikz
>
> which just gives info (at the time i made that the ctan api was bugged
> as it mixed up xml and json keys, but i'm not sure if that was fixed of
> became bug=feature for practical reasons)
>
> i never came to a 'download option' because it was ot clear where to
> download from .. are there zips?

Not sure if it's for every package, but should be just

    "http://mirrors.ctan.org/" .. data.ctan.path .. ".zip"

in scripts.ctan.details.

E.g. from https://ctan.org/json/2.0/pkg/lm:

    ctan.path = /fonts/lm
     => zip url = http://mirrors.ctan.org/fonts/lm.zip

I think it may be better to get packages from TeX Live. They are already
"built" (although this is probably not necessary for packages that
ConTeXt is interested in) and split into documentation, sources and
runtime files.

The TeXLive database:

    http://mirrors.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb
or
    http://mirrors.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb.xz

E.g:

    name lm
    category Package
    revision 58637
    shortdesc Latin modern fonts in outline formats
    relocated 1
    longdesc The Latin Modern family of fonts consists of 72 text fonts and
    [...]
    docfiles size=657
     RELOC/doc/fonts/lm/GUST-FONT-LICENSE.TXT
     RELOC/doc/fonts/lm/MANIFEST-Latin-Modern.TXT
     [...]
    runfiles size=10645
     RELOC/fonts/afm/public/lm/lmb10.afm
     RELOC/fonts/afm/public/lm/lmbo10.afm
     [...]

Then:

    http://mirrors.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/archive/lm.tar.xz
    http://mirrors.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/archive/lm.doc.tar.xz

Some packages also have "srcfiles" and the source files tar:
    http://mirrors.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/archive/X.source.tar.xz

PS: To be frank I didn't manage to even run the mtx-ctan script, seems
like a problem with locating libs-imp-curl.lmt, although util-jsn.lua is
fine and is also "require"d.

    [...]
    resolvers       | libraries | locating, level '1', method 'already loaded', name 'util-jsn'
    resolvers       | libraries | locating, level '1', method 'preload table', name 'util-jsn'
    resolvers       | libraries | locating, level '1', method 'lua variable format', name 'util-jsn'
    resolvers       | libraries | registered lua format path 1: .
    resolvers       | libraries | registered lua format path 2: /home/michal/texmf/tex/context/
    resolvers       | libraries | registered lua format path 3: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf-project/tex/context/
    resolvers       | libraries | registered lua format path 4: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf-fonts/tex/context/
    resolvers       | libraries | registered lua format path 5: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf-local/tex/context/
    resolvers       | libraries | registered lua format path 6: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf-modules/tex/context/
    resolvers       | libraries | registered lua format path 7: /home/michal/src/context-mirror/tex/context/
    resolvers       | libraries | registered lua format path 8: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf-linux-64/tex/context/
    resolvers       | libraries | registered lua format path 9: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf/tex/context/
    resolvers       | libraries | registered lua format path 10: /home/michal/texmf/tex/plain/base/
    resolvers       | libraries | registered lua format path 11: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf-project/tex/plain/base/
    resolvers       | libraries | registered lua format path 12: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf-fonts/tex/plain/base/
    resolvers       | libraries | registered lua format path 13: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf-local/tex/plain/base/
    resolvers       | libraries | registered lua format path 14: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf-modules/tex/plain/base/
    resolvers       | libraries | registered lua format path 15: /home/michal/src/context-mirror/tex/plain/base/
    resolvers       | libraries | registered lua format path 16: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf-linux-64/tex/plain/base/
    resolvers       | libraries | registered lua format path 17: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf/tex/plain/base/
    resolvers       | libraries | registered lua format path 18: /home/michal/texmf/tex/generic/
    resolvers       | libraries | registered lua format path 19: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf-project/tex/generic/
    resolvers       | libraries | registered lua format path 20: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf-fonts/tex/generic/
    resolvers       | libraries | registered lua format path 21: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf-local/tex/generic/
    resolvers       | libraries | registered lua format path 22: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf-modules/tex/generic/
    resolvers       | libraries | registered lua format path 23: /home/michal/src/context-mirror/tex/generic/
    resolvers       | libraries | registered lua format path 24: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf-linux-64/tex/generic/
    resolvers       | libraries | registered lua format path 25: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf/tex/generic/
    resolvers       | libraries | duplicate lua format path: .
    resolvers       | libraries | duplicate lua format path: /home/michal/texmf/tex/context/
    resolvers       | libraries | duplicate lua format path: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf-project/tex/context/
    resolvers       | libraries | duplicate lua format path: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf-fonts/tex/context/
    resolvers       | libraries | duplicate lua format path: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf-local/tex/context/
    resolvers       | libraries | duplicate lua format path: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf-modules/tex/context/
    resolvers       | libraries | duplicate lua format path: /home/michal/src/context-mirror/tex/context/
    resolvers       | libraries | duplicate lua format path: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf-linux-64/tex/context/
    resolvers       | libraries | duplicate lua format path: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf/tex/context/
    resolvers       | libraries | duplicate lua format path: /home/michal/texmf/tex/plain/base/
    resolvers       | libraries | duplicate lua format path: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf-project/tex/plain/base/
    resolvers       | libraries | duplicate lua format path: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf-fonts/tex/plain/base/
    resolvers       | libraries | duplicate lua format path: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf-local/tex/plain/base/
    resolvers       | libraries | duplicate lua format path: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf-modules/tex/plain/base/
    resolvers       | libraries | duplicate lua format path: /home/michal/src/context-mirror/tex/plain/base/
    resolvers       | libraries | duplicate lua format path: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf-linux-64/tex/plain/base/
    resolvers       | libraries | duplicate lua format path: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf/tex/plain/base/
    resolvers       | libraries | duplicate lua format path: /home/michal/texmf/tex/generic/
    resolvers       | libraries | duplicate lua format path: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf-project/tex/generic/
    resolvers       | libraries | duplicate lua format path: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf-fonts/tex/generic/
    resolvers       | libraries | duplicate lua format path: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf-local/tex/generic/
    resolvers       | libraries | duplicate lua format path: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf-modules/tex/generic/
    resolvers       | libraries | duplicate lua format path: /home/michal/src/context-mirror/tex/generic/
    resolvers       | libraries | duplicate lua format path: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf-linux-64/tex/generic/
    resolvers       | libraries | duplicate lua format path: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf/tex/generic/
    resolvers       | libraries | registered lua format path 26: /home/michal/texmf/scripts/context/lua/
    resolvers       | libraries | registered lua format path 27: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf-project/scripts/context/lua/
    resolvers       | libraries | registered lua format path 28: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf-fonts/scripts/context/lua/
    resolvers       | libraries | registered lua format path 29: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf-local/scripts/context/lua/
    resolvers       | libraries | registered lua format path 30: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf-modules/scripts/context/lua/
    resolvers       | libraries | registered lua format path 31: /home/michal/src/context-mirror/scripts/context/lua/
    resolvers       | libraries | registered lua format path 32: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf-linux-64/scripts/context/lua/
    resolvers       | libraries | registered lua format path 33: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf/scripts/context/lua/
    resolvers       | libraries | lua format, checking 33 paths
    resolvers       | resolving | using given filetype 'tex'
    resolvers       | methods | resolving, method 'concatinators', how 'tag', tag 'file'
    resolvers       | resolving | remembering file 'util-jsn.lua' using hash 'tex::util-jsn.lua'
    resolvers       | libraries | lua format, identifying 'util-jsn.lua' using format 'tex'
    resolvers       | libraries | lua format, 'util-jsn.lua' found on '/home/michal/src/context-mirror/tex/context/base/mkiv/util-jsn.lua'
    resolvers       | libraries | found, level '1', method 'lua variable format', name 'util-jsn'
    resolvers       | libraries | locating, level '1', method 'already loaded', name 'libs-imp-curl'
    resolvers       | libraries | locating, level '1', method 'preload table', name 'libs-imp-curl'
    resolvers       | libraries | locating, level '1', method 'lua variable format', name 'libs-imp-curl'
    resolvers       | libraries | lua format, checking 33 paths
    resolvers       | resolving | using given filetype 'tex'
    resolvers       | resolving | remembering file 'libs-imp-curl.lua' using hash 'tex::libs-imp-curl.lua'
    resolvers       | libraries | lua format, identifying 'libs-imp-curl.lua' using format 'tex'
    resolvers       | resolving | using given filetype 'lua'
    resolvers       | resolving | remembering file 'libs-imp-curl.lua' using hash 'lua::libs-imp-curl.lua'
    resolvers       | libraries | lua format, identifying 'libs-imp-curl.lua' using format 'lua'
    resolvers       | libraries | locating, level '1', method 'lib variable format', name 'libs-imp-curl'
    resolvers       | libraries | registered lib format path 1: .
    resolvers       | libraries | registered lib format path 2: /home/michal/src/context/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin/lib/luametatex/
    resolvers       | libraries | lib format, checking 2 paths
    resolvers       | resolving | using given filetype 'lib'
    resolvers       | resolving | remembering file 'libs-imp-curl.so' using hash 'lib::libs-imp-curl.so'
    resolvers       | libraries | lib format, identifying 'libs-imp-curl.so' using format 'lib'
    resolvers       | libraries | locating, level '1', method 'lua extra list', name 'libs-imp-curl'
    resolvers       | libraries | no extra lua paths defined
    resolvers       | libraries | locating, level '1', method 'lib extra list', name 'libs-imp-curl'
    resolvers       | libraries | no extra lib paths defined
    resolvers       | libraries | locating, level '1', method 'path specification', name 'libs-imp-curl'
    resolvers       | libraries | using builtin lua path 1: /usr/local/share/lua/5.4/?.lua
    resolvers       | libraries | using builtin lua path 2: /usr/local/share/lua/5.4/?/init.lua
    resolvers       | libraries | using builtin lua path 3: /usr/local/lib/lua/5.4/?.lua
    resolvers       | libraries | using builtin lua path 4: /usr/local/lib/lua/5.4/?/init.lua
    resolvers       | libraries | using builtin lua path 5: ./?.lua
    resolvers       | libraries | using builtin lua path 6: ./?/init.lua
    resolvers       | libraries | locating, level '1', method 'cpath specification', name 'libs-imp-curl'
    resolvers       | libraries | locating, level '1', method 'all in one fallback', name 'libs-imp-curl'
    resolvers       | libraries | locating, level '1', method 'not loaded', name 'libs-imp-curl'
    resolvers       | libraries | unable to locate 'libs-imp-curl'
    [...]

Surely I am missing something or it is because of my weird setup, and I
always get lost in the resolvers... Quickly tried Aditya's Arch Linux
package and it ends similarly:

    [...]
    resolvers       | libraries | locating, level '1', method 'cpath specification', name 'libs-imp-curl'
    resolvers       | libraries | locating, level '1', method 'all in one fallback', name 'libs-imp-curl'
    resolvers       | libraries | locating, level '1', method 'not loaded', name 'libs-imp-curl'
    resolvers       | libraries | unable to locate 'libs-imp-curl'

Michal

* Re: Archlinux: updated BPKGBUILD for luametatex
@ 2021-12-15 20:32     ` Aditya Mahajan via ntg-context
                         ` (2 more replies)
From: Aditya Mahajan via ntg-context @ 2021-12-15 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michal Vlasák via ntg-context; +Cc: Aditya Mahajan

On Wed, 15 Dec 2021, Michal Vlasák via ntg-context wrote:

> On Wed Dec 15, 2021 at 7:28 PM CET, Hans Hagen via ntg-context wrote:
> > On 12/15/2021 6:22 PM, Aditya Mahajan via ntg-context wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I am changing the way modules are installed in the ArchLinux aur package for luametatex.
> > >
> > > https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/luametatex/
> > >
> > > Earlier, I was just sym-linking to the modules installed by context-minimals-git package (which I also maintain). However, some packages there were out of date (in particular pgf/tikz). The new PKGBUILD installs the modules directly from CTAN.
> > >
> > > The following modules are installed by default:
> > >      filter, vim, visualcounter, pgf, pgfplots, circtuitikz
> > >
> > > You can install other modules by adding them in the PKGBUILD.
> > >
> > > I am not sure if anyone else actually uses this PKGBUILD to maintain an up-to-date installation of LMTX. If someone does use it, and wishes to add more modules to the default list, I'll be happy to do that.
> > Just curious ... we have this
> >
> > >mtxrun --script ctan --packages --pattern=tikz
> >
> > which just gives info (at the time i made that the ctan api was bugged
> > as it mixed up xml and json keys, but i'm not sure if that was fixed of
> > became bug=feature for practical reasons)
> >
> > i never came to a 'download option' because it was ot clear where to
> > download from .. are there zips?
>
> Not sure if it's for every package, but should be just
>
>     "http://mirrors.ctan.org/" .. data.ctan.path .. ".zip"
>
> in scripts.ctan.details.

This corresponds the "Download" link on the CTAN page of each package, but unfortunately, is not always in TDS format. For example, for pgf (which is locate at /graphics/pgf/base), we have

https://mirrors.ctan.org/graphics/pgf/base.zip

which lists all tex related files in base/tex sub-directory. The CTAN page (https://www.ctan.org/pkg/pgf) also has a field "TDS Archive", which lists:

http://mirrors.ctan.org/install/graphics/pgf/base/pgf.tds.zip

which is TDS compliant. The same is the case for circuitikz and pgfplots. So, it safer to use

    "http://mirrors.ctan.org/" .. data.ctan.path .. "/" .. pkg_name .. "tds.zip"

But, for context packages, CTAN does nto have the tds zips (I guess because the default zip is already TDS compliant). For example:

    https://www.ctan.org/pkg/context-filter

has the "download" link at the bottom but not the "TDS Archive" link.

In the end, since I am only installing 4-5 packages, it is simpler to input the URLs but hand rather than write code to automate the logic.

@ 2021-12-15 20:40       ` Joseph Wright via ntg-context
From: Joseph Wright via ntg-context @ 2021-12-15 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Joseph Wright

On 15/12/2021 20:32, Aditya Mahajan via ntg-context wrote:
> This corresponds the "Download" link on the CTAN page of each package, but unfortunately, is not always in TDS format. For example, for pgf (which is locate at /graphics/pgf/base), we have
>
> https://mirrors.ctan.org/graphics/pgf/base.zip
>
> which lists all tex related files in base/tex sub-directory. The CTAN page (https://www.ctan.org/pkg/pgf) also has a field "TDS Archive", which lists:
>
> http://mirrors.ctan.org/install/graphics/pgf/base/pgf.tds.zip
>
> which is TDS compliant. The same is the case for circuitikz and pgfplots. So, it safer to use
>
>      "http://mirrors.ctan.org/" .. data.ctan.path .. "/" .. pkg_name .. "tds.zip"
>
> But, for context packages, CTAN does nto have the tds zips (I guess because the default zip is already TDS compliant). For example:
>
>      https://www.ctan.org/pkg/context-filter
>
> has the "download" link at the bottom but not the "TDS Archive" link.
>
> In the end, since I am only installing 4-5 packages, it is simpler to input the URLs but hand rather than write code to automate the logic.

If only we could convince CTAN to have a common structure - this came up
recently with Norbert re. supporting TeX Live! (cf. CRAN for example)

Joseph

* Re: Archlinux: updated BPKGBUILD for luametatex
@ 2021-12-15 22:38       ` Michal Vlasák via ntg-context
From: Michal Vlasák via ntg-context @ 2021-12-15 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed Dec 15, 2021 at 9:32 PM CET, Aditya Mahajan via ntg-context wrote:
> > > i never came to a 'download option' because it was ot clear where to
> > > download from .. are there zips?
> >
> > Not sure if it's for every package, but should be just
> >
> >     "http://mirrors.ctan.org/" .. data.ctan.path .. ".zip"
> >
> > in scripts.ctan.details.
>
> This corresponds the "Download" link on the CTAN page of each package,
> but unfortunately, is not always in TDS format. For example, for pgf
> (which is locate at /graphics/pgf/base), we have
>
> https://mirrors.ctan.org/graphics/pgf/base.zip
>
> which lists all tex related files in base/tex sub-directory. The CTAN
> page (https://www.ctan.org/pkg/pgf) also has a field "TDS Archive",
> which lists:
>
> http://mirrors.ctan.org/install/graphics/pgf/base/pgf.tds.zip
>
> which is TDS compliant. The same is the case for circuitikz and
> pgfplots. So, it safer to use
>
> "http://mirrors.ctan.org/" .. data.ctan.path .. "/" .. pkg_name ..
> "tds.zip"
>
> But, for context packages, CTAN does nto have the tds zips (I guess
> because the default zip is already TDS compliant). For example:
>
> https://www.ctan.org/pkg/context-filter
>
> has the "download" link at the bottom but not the "TDS Archive" link.
>
> In the end, since I am only installing 4-5 packages, it is simpler to
> input the URLs but hand rather than write code to automate the logic.

Oops, sorry, I completely forgot to mention that indeed what I mention
corresponds to the download link on the package page, which in general
"shouldn't be" in TDS format. Only packages whose authors upload their
own TDS zip have these .tds.zip files you found:

From https://www.ctan.org/help/upload-pkg:
> The CTAN team has decided that packages on the archive shall remain in
> a browsing-friendly layout, i.e. the best format is to have all the
> files inside a directory.  Very large packages – such as modern font
> distributions – are improved by a single extra layer of directories.
>
> In parallel to the main directory tree, CTAN offers possibility to
> provide a TDS-structured ZIP file. Such a file will only be accepted
> as an addition to your upload, not as a replacement.
>
> This file is not necessary at all for simple packages. Thus it should
> be omitted for instance for normal LaTeX packages. This file might be
> required when the package is complex.

Michal Vlasák

* Re: Archlinux: updated BPKGBUILD for luametatex
@ 2021-12-15 22:43       ` Hans Hagen via ntg-context
From: Hans Hagen via ntg-context @ 2021-12-15 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12/15/2021 9:32 PM, Aditya Mahajan via ntg-context wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Dec 2021, Michal Vlasák via ntg-context wrote:

>>> Just curious ... we have this

>>> which just gives info (at the time i made that the ctan api was bugged
>>> as it mixed up xml and json keys, but i'm not sure if that was fixed of
>>> became bug=feature for practical reasons)
>>>
>>> i never came to a 'download option' because it was ot clear where to
>>> download from .. are there zips?
>>
>> Not sure if it's for every package, but should be just
>>
>>      "http://mirrors.ctan.org/" .. data.ctan.path .. ".zip"
>>
>> in scripts.ctan.details.
>
> This corresponds the "Download" link on the CTAN page of each package, but unfortunately, is not always in TDS format. For example, for pgf (which is locate at /graphics/pgf/base), we have
>
> https://mirrors.ctan.org/graphics/pgf/base.zip
>
> which lists all tex related files in base/tex sub-directory. The CTAN page (https://www.ctan.org/pkg/pgf) also has a field "TDS Archive", which lists:
>
> http://mirrors.ctan.org/install/graphics/pgf/base/pgf.tds.zip
>
> which is TDS compliant. The same is the case for circuitikz and pgfplots. So, it safer to use
>
>      "http://mirrors.ctan.org/" .. data.ctan.path .. "/" .. pkg_name .. "tds.zip"
>
> But, for context packages, CTAN does nto have the tds zips (I guess because the default zip is already TDS compliant). For example:
>
>      https://www.ctan.org/pkg/context-filter
>
> has the "download" link at the bottom but not the "TDS Archive" link.
>
> In the end, since I am only installing 4-5 packages, it is simpler to input the URLs but hand rather than write code to automate the logic.
sure, once you know what/where it's not that much work and I admit that
I only downloaded tikz for testing the 'loading bug' and a few fonts
during my tex life)

btw, when I fetched tikz a few days ago I could not fetch the zip from
the browser because it complained about some security issue but the
command line wget worked ok

another aspect of additional files is that I like to keep my system
uncluttered so e.g when I install fonts we just need the open type files
that I then install in texmf-fonts/fonts/data/<author>/* instead of
bothering about forther structure (in fact it doesn't really matter much
where files end up as long as there is some system behind it)

Hans

* Re: Archlinux: updated BPKGBUILD for luametatex
@ 2021-12-15 22:46         ` Hans Hagen via ntg-context
From: Hans Hagen via ntg-context @ 2021-12-15 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12/15/2021 11:38 PM, Michal Vlasák via ntg-context wrote:
> On Wed Dec 15, 2021 at 9:32 PM CET, Aditya Mahajan via ntg-context wrote:

> Oops, sorry, I completely forgot to mention that indeed what I mention
> corresponds to the download link on the package page, which in general
> "shouldn't be" in TDS format. Only packages whose authors upload their
> own TDS zip have these .tds.zip files you found:
makes me wonder ... one could just install the plain and context related
tikz files in

texmf-modules/tex/tikz/*

read: flatten the lot because i suppose that subdirecories don't really
matter

Hans