* [NTG-context] Mikael’s missing math manual
@ 2024-03-17 21:54 Hraban Ramm
From: Hraban Ramm @ 2024-03-17 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

… and another thing that came up in my workshops and in discussions at
our booth: the math manual is eagerly awaited! (My book too, but I can’t
answer most questions about math.)

One participant tested some math alignment examples from an older paper
by Aditya and found them working in her current LMTX installation but
not in COW – I know it runs an older version, but Aditya’s article was
even older…

Hraban

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl

* [NTG-context] Re: Mikael’s missing math manual
@ 2024-03-18  6:36 ` Mikael Sundqvist
From: Mikael Sundqvist @ 2024-03-18  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Mar 17, 2024 at 10:57 PM Hraban Ramm <texml@fiee.net> wrote:

> … and another thing that came up in my workshops and in discussions at
> our booth: the math manual is eagerly awaited! (My book too, but I can’t
> answer most questions about math.)

Oh, I see. So, I should really try to get something out. It is
difficult to find enough time working on it, in particular since Hans
is always adding new (not only math) stuff, but I will try. It is fun
to participate in the development, and I do not want to delay it
(somebody has to push him and test, and so on...)

But I should probably get something out, even if that is not really
finished/polished. All the basics are there. Then it can be a
work-in-progress document, adding/modifying new stuff.

> One participant tested some math alignment examples from an older paper
> by Aditya and found them working in her current LMTX installation but
> not in COW – I know it runs an older version, but Aditya’s article was
> even older…

There have been many changes along the way, and maybe at some time
some things were not really working, but later fixed.

/Mikael

@ 2024-03-18 14:15   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2024-03-18 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 18 Mar 2024, Mikael Sundqvist wrote:

> > One participant tested some math alignment examples from an older paper
> > by Aditya and found them working in her current LMTX installation but
> > not in COW – I know it runs an older version, but Aditya’s article was
> > even older…
>
> There have been many changes along the way, and maybe at some time
> some things were not really working, but later fixed.

In any case, it will be good to have examples of something that breaks. Usually, it is due to minor change in the syntax and easily fixable.

Aditya

@ 2024-03-18 18:32   ` Hraban Ramm
From: Hraban Ramm @ 2024-03-18 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context