* \thanks inside author in section
       [not found] <CAPENqt0VSqYa35FtLWykoRb0XxPxY6gL-CAayBY8GrA5SvXtdA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2021-12-29 10:34 ` Youssef Cherem via ntg-context
From: Youssef Cherem via ntg-context @ 2021-12-29 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Youssef Cherem

I've tried to implement a journal-like footnote with the authors'
affiliation for each section/chapter, by adapting things from the wiki here
<https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Table_of_Contents#Author_in_ToC> and here
<https://wiki.contextgarden.net/LaTeX_Thanks>. However, one thing that bugs
me is that any note name I choose other than "thanks" does not work, and I
have no clue why. Am I missing something, or is there a more elegant way to
implement this?

As an aside, I'd rather have the footnotes below the "thanks" notes. Is
there any option that does this?

\setuplist[section][
 textcommand=\SectionTocEntry,
 after=\blank,
]
    \define[1]\SectionTocEntry{%
 \doifnot{\rawstructurelistuservariable{author}}{}
{\start \it  \structurelistuservariable{author}\stop\space-- \crlf}%
 #1% title
 \doifnot{\rawstructurelistuservariable{subtitle}}{}
{\crlf\structurelistuservariable{subtitle}}}
    \setuphead[section][
 after=\setup{section},
 align=center,
 number=no,
 style=\bold
]
    \startsetups section
 \blank
 \midaligned{\it \structureuservariable{author}}
 \blank\stopsetups
    %\foonote{\structureuservariable{affiliation}}
    \definenote[thanks]%[numberconversion=set
2]\setupnote[thanks][rule=off]\setupnotation[thanks][numberconversion=set
2] % or set 1
    %\setupnote[footnote][location=bottom] % does not work
    %% all notes, footnotes etc.\setupnotation[
 alternative={left,bottom},
 hang=fit, % if commented, hanging is larger
 indenting={yes,small},indentnext=yes, % please, indent everything,
should be default
]
    \setupinteraction[state=start,color=black,contrastcolor=black]
    \setuphead[subject][align=flushleft,style=\bfb]
    \starttext
    \subject{Grande lista de autores}
    \placecontent[alternative=c]
      \startsection[title={Whatever}][author={A. Uthor},subtitle={I’d
like to say}]
This is a section.\stopsection
    \startsection[title={Segunda seção}][author={Fulano de
Tal},subtitle={Uma segunda seção de teste}]
This is a section.\stopsection
    \startsection[title={Terceira seção}][author={Alberto de
Paiva\thanks{asdf}},subtitle={Uma terceira seção de teste}]
This is a section.\stopsection
    \startsection[title={Três autores}][author={Sicrano de
Tal\thanks{Universidade de Tangerinas} e Alberto
Steinenberg\thanks{Universidade de Nilfgaard}},
subtitle={Uma seção de teste com dois autores e comentário}]
This is a section.\footnote{Só de teste.}\stopsection
\stoptext

* Re: Documentation about CTX installation on MacOS X
@ 2022-01-02 17:53     ` Fabrice L via ntg-context
From: Fabrice L via ntg-context @ 2022-01-02 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Le 2 janv. 2022 à 21:26, Jean-Pierre Delange via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl> a écrit :
>
> First of all : Happy New Year everybody (despite some difficulties due to public policies against the epidemic !
>
> Now my question : I want to try CTX (ConTeXt  ver: 2021.12.30) on MacOS X (currently 10.13  High Sierra), while I was formerly working with old versions on Linux and Windows based systems. Among other difficulties (like how to export OSFONDIR permanently), I don’t find the clever command . setuptex, which made possible a bunch of other commands (like context —make and context —generate). Even if a lot of things on MacOS X seem to share with Unix-like systems, I am looking for detailed documentation concerning a well done installation of CTX on MacOS X.
> Thank you very much for your help !
> JP

On MacOS, I usually follow with success this page of the wiki :
https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Installing_ConTeXt_LMTX_on_MacOS

Regarding modules, on MacOS, the script described here (again on the wiki) works well for me:
https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Modules#ConTeXt_LMTX

Finally, I use TexPad as my context/metafun editor, and if you need some help to set it up, I can describe my setup in details.
Fabrice.

* Re: Documentation about CTX installation on MacOS X
@ 2022-01-02 19:54     ` Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2022-01-02 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Henning Hraban Ramm

Am 03.01.22 um 03:26 schrieb Jean-Pierre Delange via ntg-context:
> Now my question : I want to try CTX (ConTeXtver: 2021.12.30) on MacOS X
> (currently 10.13  High Sierra), while I was formerly working with old
> versions on Linux and Windows based systems. Among other difficulties
> (like how to export OSFONDIR permanently), I don’t find the clever
> command . setuptex, which made possible a bunch of other commands (like
> context —make and context —generate). Even if a lot of things on MacOS X
> seem to share with Unix-like systems, I am looking for detailed
> documentation concerning a well done installation of CTX on MacOS X.

You can install LMTX the usual Unix way
(https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Installation); setuptex doesn’t exist
any more.

And then you can install modules:
https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Modules#ConTeXt_LMTX

Hraban

* Documentation about CTX installation on MacOS X
@ 2022-01-03  2:26   ` Jean-Pierre Delange via ntg-context
From: Jean-Pierre Delange via ntg-context @ 2022-01-03  2:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2022-01-03  7:09       ` Jean-Pierre Delange via ntg-context
From: Jean-Pierre Delange via ntg-context @ 2022-01-03  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you very much for your quick answer to you both Fabrice and Henning ! It seems there is no detailed documentation about peculiar aspects of CTX on MacOS.

For instance, the use of fonts database on unix-like and MacOS are a bit different (but not quite a lot) and this command :
mtxrun --script fonts —reload

Works fine with this one based on fontconfig : fc-cache -v -f

There is some adaptation in the transition from Linux to MacOS, because one has to play and to look for the fonts paths which are a bit different with Mac than the Unix paths …

@ 2022-01-03  8:22         ` Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2022-01-03  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Henning Hraban Ramm

Am 03.01.22 um 08:09 schrieb Jean-Pierre Delange via ntg-context:
> Thank you very much for your quick answer to you both Fabrice and
> Henning ! It seems there is no detailed documentation about peculiar
> aspects of CTX on MacOS.
>
> For instance, the use of fonts database on unix-like and MacOS are a bit
> different (but not quite a lot) and this command :
> mtxrun --script fonts —reload
>
> Works fine with this one based on fontconfig: fc-cache -v -f

I don’t remember to have used this for years. ConTeXt AFAIK doesn’t use
fontconfig. (LilyPond does...)

> There is some adaptation in the transition from Linux to MacOS, because
> one has to play and to look for the fonts paths which are a bit
> different with Mac than the Unix paths …

Of course, but that is basic MacOS knowledge and not specific to ConTeXt.

You might want to set:

OSFONTDIR='/System/Library/Fonts//:/Library/Fonts//:~/Library/Fonts//:/Library/Application
Support/Adobe/Fonts//
#:~/FontExplorer\ X/Font\ Library//'

ICCPROFILES='~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles//:/Library/ColorSync/Profiles//:/System/Library/ColorSync/Profiles//:'

PATH=~/lmtx/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin:/Library/TeX/texbin:...
(whereever you installed ConTeXt)

I also suggest to install everything personal in ~/texmf (same on Linux)
and not in texmf-local or texmf-project, at least if you are planning to
have parallel installations (which make sense if you want to keep a
"stable" version but also want to check out new features/bugfixes).

Hraban

* Re: Documentation about CTX installation on MacOS X
@ 2022-01-03  8:35           ` Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2022-01-03  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Henning Hraban Ramm

Am 03.01.22 um 09:22 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context:
> You might want to set:
>
> OSFONTDIR='/System/Library/Fonts//:/Library/Fonts//:~/Library/Fonts//:/Library/Application
> Support/Adobe/Fonts//
> #:~/FontExplorer\ X/Font\ Library//'
>
> ICCPROFILES='~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles//:/Library/ColorSync/Profiles//:/System/Library/ColorSync/Profiles//:'

Sorry, leave out the quotes, of course!

HR

* Re: Documentation about CTX installation on MacOS X
@ 2022-01-03 10:02           ` Jean-Pierre Delange via ntg-context
From: Jean-Pierre Delange via ntg-context @ 2022-01-03 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Le 3 janv. 2022 à 09:22, Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl> a écrit :
>
> Am 03.01.22 um 08:09 schrieb Jean-Pierre Delange via ntg-context:
>> Thank you very much for your quick answer to you both Fabrice and Henning ! It seems there is no detailed documentation about peculiar aspects of CTX on MacOS.
>> For instance, the use of fonts database on unix-like and MacOS are a bit different (but not quite a lot) and this command :
>> mtxrun --script fonts —reload
>> Works fine with this one based on fontconfig: fc-cache -v -f
>
> I don’t remember to have used this for years. ConTeXt AFAIK doesn’t use fontconfig. (LilyPond does…)

fc-cache -v -f works fine on MacOS aswell as on Linux; try some command like this one : fc-list : file family |grep \/Library which list all fonts and their location

>> There is some adaptation in the transition from Linux to MacOS, because one has to play and to look for the fonts paths which are a bit different with Mac than the Unix paths …
>
> Of course, but that is basic MacOS knowledge and not specific to ConTeXt.
You’re right !

> You might want to set:
>
> OSFONTDIR='/System/Library/Fonts//:/Library/Fonts//:~/Library/Fonts//:/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts//
> #:~/FontExplorer\ X/Font\ Library//'
>
> ICCPROFILES='~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles//:/Library/ColorSync/Profiles//:/System/Library/ColorSync/Profiles//:'
>
> PATH=~/lmtx/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin:/Library/TeX/texbin:...
> (whereever you installed ConTeXt)
 context, latex, mtxrun, mtxrun.lua are installed in /Users/xxx/context/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin … I’ve forgotten that CTX doesn’t exist no more since it replacement by Luametatex ! I still use ConTeXt MKIV ...

> I also suggest to install everything personal in ~/texmf (same on Linux) and not in texmf-local or texmf-project, at least if you are planning to have parallel installations (which make sense if you want to keep a "stable" version but also want to check out new features/bugfixes).
I thought that all personal fonts should be added in texmf-fonts ?

By the way, it might be useful to have . setuptex command. How to deal with such a situation, when mtxrun command doesn’t work ?

> Hraban

Thanks you very much, Hraban, for these advices !
JP

* Re: Documentation about CTX installation on MacOS X
@ 2022-01-03 10:05             ` Jean-Pierre Delange via ntg-context
From: Jean-Pierre Delange via ntg-context @ 2022-01-03 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Of course ! I’ve seen these quotes !
I don’t know what is the purpose of ICCPROFILES ...

> Le 3 janv. 2022 à 09:35, Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl> a écrit :
>
> Am 03.01.22 um 09:22 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context:
>> You might want to set:
>> OSFONTDIR='/System/Library/Fonts//:/Library/Fonts//:~/Library/Fonts//:/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts//
>> #:~/FontExplorer\ X/Font\ Library//'
>> ICCPROFILES='~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles//:/Library/ColorSync/Profiles//:/System/Library/ColorSync/Profiles//:'
>
> Sorry, leave out the quotes, of course!
>
> HR

* Re: \thanks inside author in section
@ 2022-01-01 12:41   ` Youssef Cherem via ntg-context
From: Youssef Cherem via ntg-context @ 2022-01-01 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wolfgang,

Thank you! Removing the auxiliary file solved the problem.

lør. 1. jan. 2022 kl. 09:32 skrev Wolfgang Schuster <

@ 2022-01-01 12:32 ` Wolfgang Schuster via ntg-context
From: Wolfgang Schuster via ntg-context @ 2022-01-01 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Wolfgang Schuster

    #1%

@ 2022-01-01 12:10 Youssef Cherem via ntg-context

 #1% title
 \doifnot{\rawstructurelistuservariable{subtitle}}{}
{\crlf\structurelistuservariable{subtitle}}}

\setuphead[section][
 after=\setup{section},
 align=center,
 number=no,
 style=\bold
]

\startsetups section
 \blank
 \midaligned{\it \structureuservariable{author}}
 \blank
\stopsetups

%\foonote{\structureuservariable{affiliation}}

%only "thanks" seems to work.