* [NTG-context] font size and style
@ 2023-05-26 19:38 Hans van der Meer via ntg-context
From: Hans van der Meer via ntg-context @ 2023-05-26 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt; +Cc: Hans van der Meer

Calling "\bf\tfa  TEXT" for example leaves the TEXT not in bold because \tfa does not respect the current style. As does \small, etc.
Shown by looking at the meaning of for example \small:
\small=protected macro:\triggergroupedcommand {\setsmallbodyfont \tf }

and

\tx=protected macro:\currentxfontsize \plusone \ifmmode \scriptstyle \orelse \ifconditional \c_font_inherit_scale \font_scale_inherit_x \else \font_scale_defined_x \fi \al­ ways\let \tx \txx

Thus in contrast \tx and \txx do respect the current style setting.

My question: It seems most convenient if I could retrieve the current style and reset that after a size command. I rather would refrain from tinkering with those. Since there is a \currentxfontsize is there an analogue for the style?

dr. Hans van der Meer

* Re: [NTG-context] font size and style
@ 2023-05-27  5:56 ` Wolfgang Schuster via ntg-context
From: Wolfgang Schuster via ntg-context @ 2023-05-27  5:56 UTC (permalink / raw)