* regular online meet-up
@ 2023-03-04 17:42 Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2023-03-04 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

You’re invited to join on Wednesday, March 8th, 15:00 CET (UTC+1)

at https://lecture.senfcall.de/hen-rbr-rku-oke
(same, but shorter: https://v34h.de/ctxmtg)

ConTeXt users of all levels are welcome!

Next meeting will be on April 12th.

(Same blurb as every time:)

[Howto]
* No special software installation required; most modern browsers should
work (WebRTC required).
* Open the above URL, accept the privacy statement,
* enter your name,
* click "join" (or "start" if you’re the first),
* click "with microphone", allow your browser to access it, check the audio.
* Your microphone is muted if you join. Activate microphone and/or
camera with the buttons at the bottom.
* Minimize the default presentation with the "screen" button, bottom right.

* If you’d like to share your screen or upload a file, you can make
yourself the presenter: Click on your user name, change the setting,
then you’ll see the "screen sharing" button beside the camera button;
also there’s now "manage presentations" behind the "plus" button.
Beware there is only one presenter at a time, so don’t kill someone
else’s presentation.

[Technical hints]
* Sound is usually better if you use a headset (less noise for everyone).

* Connection problems are mostly due to low bandwidth or high latency on
your side, e.g. with mobile connections.
* If audio/video doesn’t work for you, you can still use the text chat.
* Screen sharing needs a lot of bandwidth.

* BigBlueButton documentation applies:
https://bigbluebutton.org/teachers/tutorials/

[Netiquette]
* Please use a name that we recognize from here. Some feel uncomfortable
with anonymous lurkers.
* Mute your microphone while you’re not talking.
* It’s nice to show your face at least when you join.
* If there are connection problems, stop camera sharing.
* The room is set to “everyone’s a moderator“, I trust you...

See you, Hraban

* Re: regular online meet-up
@ 2023-03-08  7:12 ` Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2023-03-08  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Henning Hraban Ramm

Reminder: This is in a few hours.

For my part I’d like to know what was in the latest updates and maybe
discuss the page breaking in floats (possible with tables, how about
text background boxes – didn’t try yet, just curious).

Hraban

Am 04.03.23 um 18:42 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context:
> You’re invited to join on Wednesday, March 8th, 15:00 CET (UTC+1)
>
> at https://lecture.senfcall.de/hen-rbr-rku-oke
> (same, but shorter: https://v34h.de/ctxmtg)
>
> ConTeXt users of all levels are welcome!
>
> Next meeting will be on April 12th.
>

> (Same blurb as every time:)
>
> [Howto]
> * No special software installation required; most modern browsers should
> work (WebRTC required).
> * Open the above URL, accept the privacy statement,
> * enter your name,
> * click "join" (or "start" if you’re the first),
> * click "with microphone", allow your browser to access it, check the
> audio.
> * Your microphone is muted if you join. Activate microphone and/or
> camera with the buttons at the bottom.
> * Minimize the default presentation with the "screen" button, bottom right.
>
> * If you’d like to share your screen or upload a file, you can make
> yourself the presenter: Click on your user name, change the setting,
> then you’ll see the "screen sharing" button beside the camera button;
> also there’s now "manage presentations" behind the "plus" button.
> Beware there is only one presenter at a time, so don’t kill someone
> else’s presentation.
>
> [Technical hints]
> * Sound is usually better if you use a headset (less noise for everyone).
>
> * Connection problems are mostly due to low bandwidth or high latency on
> your side, e.g. with mobile connections.
> * If audio/video doesn’t work for you, you can still use the text chat.
> * Screen sharing needs a lot of bandwidth.
>
> * BigBlueButton documentation applies:
> https://bigbluebutton.org/teachers/tutorials/
>
> [Netiquette]
> * Please use a name that we recognize from here. Some feel uncomfortable
> with anonymous lurkers.
> * Mute your microphone while you’re not talking.
> * It’s nice to show your face at least when you join.
> * If there are connection problems, stop camera sharing.
> * The room is set to “everyone’s a moderator“, I trust you...
>
> See you, Hraban

* Re: regular online meet-up
@ 2023-07-12 11:09 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2023-07-12 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Reminder: this is in ~1,5 h

Am 07.07.23 um 14:44 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm:
> You’re invited to join on Wednesday, July 12th, 15:00 CEST (UTC+2)
>
> at https://lecture.senfcall.de/hen-rbr-rku-oke
> (same, but shorter: https://v34h.de/ctxmtg)
>
> ConTeXt users of all levels are welcome!
>
> This is directly before the TUG/DANTE conference; you can get a preview
> of my talk for Bonn ;)
>
> Next meeting will be on August 9th.
>
> And this is just before the Chaos Communication Camp, where I’ll give
> ConTeXt talks/workshops, too.
>

> (Same blurb as every time:)
>
> [Howto]
> * No special software installation required; most modern browsers should
> work (WebRTC required).
> * Open the above URL, accept the privacy statement,
> * enter your name,
> * click "join" (or "start" if you’re the first),
> * click "with microphone", allow your browser to access it, check the
> audio.
> * Your microphone is muted if you join. Activate microphone and/or
> camera with the buttons at the bottom.
> * Minimize the default presentation with the "screen" button, bottom right.
>
> * If you’d like to share your screen or upload a file, you can make
> yourself the presenter: Click on your user name, change the setting,
> then you’ll see the "screen sharing" button beside the camera button;
> also there’s now "manage presentations" behind the "plus" button.
> Beware there is only one presenter at a time, so don’t kill someone
> else’s presentation.
>
> [Technical hints]
> * Sound is usually better if you use a headset (less noise for everyone).
> * Connection problems are mostly due to low bandwidth or high latency on
> your side, e.g. with mobile connections.
> * If audio/video doesn’t work for you, you can still use the text chat.
> * Screen sharing needs a lot of bandwidth.
> * BigBlueButton documentation applies:
> https://bigbluebutton.org/teachers/tutorials/
>
> [Netiquette]
> * Please use a name that we recognize from here. Some feel uncomfortable
> with anonymous lurkers.
> * Mute your microphone while you’re not talking.
> * It’s nice to show your face at least when you join.
> * If there are connection problems, stop camera sharing.
> * The room is set to “everyone’s a moderator“, I trust you...
>
> See you, Hraban

* regular online meet-up
@ 2023-07-07 12:44 Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2023-07-07 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2023-04-09 20:09 Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2023-04-09 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

You’re invited to join on Wednesday, April 12th, 15:00 CEST (UTC+2)

at https://lecture.senfcall.de/hen-rbr-rku-oke
(same, but shorter: https://v34h.de/ctxmtg)

ConTeXt users of all levels are welcome!

Next meeting will be on May 10th.

@ 2023-02-08 13:20   ` Gavin via ntg-context
From: Gavin via ntg-context @ 2023-02-08 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi List,

I will attempt to join the online meet-up today. I'm in Fort Collins, Colorado, so you might notice some lag in my interactions. (And if I’m still in my pajamas, I have a good excuse.) I’d like to meet some other members of the ConTeXt community.

If there is time in the discussion, I’d love to hear some about what \mathboxanchored and friends are doing behind the scenes.  I am using it for angular momentum diagrams in formulas, as shown in the attachment below. I’ve written my own replacement for \connectboxanchors to get some of the connections, but for diagrams involving more than two symbols, it’s getting a little crazy. If I understood more about how the system works, I think I could integrate MetaPost code more elegantly to do the drawing.

Looking forward to seeing you!
Gavin

[-- Attachment #2: AnchorsEverywhere.pdf --]

> On Feb 8, 2023, at 2:15 AM, Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl> wrote:
>
> Reminder: that’s in a few hours.
> See you later!
>
> Am 03.02.23 um 08:19 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context:
>> You’re invited to join on Wednesday, February 8th, 15:00 CET (UTC+1)
>> at https://lecture.senfcall.de/hen-rbr-rku-oke
>> (same, but shorter: https://v34h.de/ctxmtg)
>> ConTeXt users of all levels are welcome!
>> Next meeting will be on March 8th.
>> (Same blurb as every time:)
>> [Howto]
>> * No special software installation required; most modern browsers should work (WebRTC required).
>> * Open the above URL, accept the privacy statement,
>> * enter your name,
>> * click "join" (or "start" if you’re the first),
>> * click "with microphone", allow your browser to access it, check the audio.
>> * Your microphone is muted if you join. Activate microphone and/or camera with the buttons at the bottom.
>> * Minimize the default presentation with the "screen" button, bottom right.
>> * If you’d like to share your screen or upload a file, you can make yourself the presenter: Click on your user name, change the setting, then you’ll see the "screen sharing" button beside the camera button; also there’s now "manage presentations" behind the "plus" button.
>> Beware there is only one presenter at a time, so don’t kill someone else’s presentation.
>> [Technical hints]
>> * Sound is usually better if you use a headset (less noise for everyone).
>> * Connection problems are mostly due to low bandwidth or high latency on your side, e.g. with mobile connections.
>> * If audio/video doesn’t work for you, you can still use the text chat.
>> * Screen sharing needs a lot of bandwidth.
>> * BigBlueButton documentation applies: https://bigbluebutton.org/teachers/tutorials/
>> [Netiquette]
>> * Please use a name that we recognize from here. Some feel uncomfortable with anonymous lurkers.
>> * Mute your microphone while you’re not talking.
>> * It’s nice to show your face at least when you join.
>> * If there are connection problems, stop camera sharing.
>> * The room is set to “everyone’s a moderator“, I trust you...
>> See you, Hraban

* Re: regular online meet-up
@ 2023-02-08  9:15 ` Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2023-02-08  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Henning Hraban Ramm

Reminder: that’s in a few hours.
See you later!

Am 03.02.23 um 08:19 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context:
> You’re invited to join on Wednesday, February 8th, 15:00 CET (UTC+1)
>
> at https://lecture.senfcall.de/hen-rbr-rku-oke
> (same, but shorter: https://v34h.de/ctxmtg)
>
> ConTeXt users of all levels are welcome!
>
> Next meeting will be on March 8th.
>

> (Same blurb as every time:)
>
> [Howto]
> * No special software installation required; most modern browsers should
> work (WebRTC required).
> * Open the above URL, accept the privacy statement,
> * enter your name,
> * click "join" (or "start" if you’re the first),
> * click "with microphone", allow your browser to access it, check the
> audio.
> * Your microphone is muted if you join. Activate microphone and/or
> camera with the buttons at the bottom.
> * Minimize the default presentation with the "screen" button, bottom right.
>
> * If you’d like to share your screen or upload a file, you can make
> yourself the presenter: Click on your user name, change the setting,
> then you’ll see the "screen sharing" button beside the camera button;
> also there’s now "manage presentations" behind the "plus" button.
> Beware there is only one presenter at a time, so don’t kill someone
> else’s presentation.
>
> [Technical hints]
> * Sound is usually better if you use a headset (less noise for everyone).
>
> * Connection problems are mostly due to low bandwidth or high latency on
> your side, e.g. with mobile connections.
> * If audio/video doesn’t work for you, you can still use the text chat.
> * Screen sharing needs a lot of bandwidth.
>
> * BigBlueButton documentation applies:
> https://bigbluebutton.org/teachers/tutorials/
>
> [Netiquette]
> * Please use a name that we recognize from here. Some feel uncomfortable
> with anonymous lurkers.
> * Mute your microphone while you’re not talking.
> * It’s nice to show your face at least when you join.
> * If there are connection problems, stop camera sharing.
> * The room is set to “everyone’s a moderator“, I trust you...
>
> See you, Hraban

* regular online meet-up
@ 2023-02-03  7:19 Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2023-02-03  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2023-01-11  6:29 ` Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2023-01-11  6:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Henning Hraban Ramm

Reminder: this is in a few hours.

CU, Hraban

Am 06.01.23 um 15:34 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context:
> You’re invited to join on Wednesday, January 11th, 15:00 CET (UTC+1)
>
> at https://lecture.senfcall.de/hen-rbr-rku-oke
> (same, but shorter: https://v34h.de/ctxmtg)
>
> ConTeXt users of all levels are welcome!
>
> Next meeting will be on February 8th.

* regular online meet-up
@ 2023-01-06 14:34 Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2023-01-06 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2022-12-12 19:31 ` Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2022-12-12 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

I nearly forgot:

You’re invited to join on Wednesday, December 14th, 15:00 CET (UTC+1)

at https://lecture.senfcall.de/hen-rbr-rku-oke
(same, but shorter: https://v34h.de/ctxmtg)

ConTeXt users of all levels are welcome!

Next meeting will be on January 11th.

@ 2022-11-09  6:20 ` Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2022-11-09  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Henning Hraban Ramm

Reminder: That is today.

I’d like to learn more about dimensions/dimexpr – while I got my stuff
working, I still don’t understand when/where/how I can use which
calculations.

Hraban

Am 05.11.22 um 08:18 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context:
> You’re invited to join on Wednesday, November 9th, 15:00 CET (UTC+1)
>
> at https://lecture.senfcall.de/hen-rbr-rku-oke
> (same, but shorter: https://v34h.de/ctxmtg)
>
> ConTeXt users of all levels are welcome!
>
> Next meeting will be on December 14th.

* regular online meet-up
@ 2022-11-05  7:18 Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2022-11-05  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2022-10-12 10:44 ` Alain Delmotte via ntg-context
From: Alain Delmotte via ntg-context @ 2022-10-12 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context, ntg-context; +Cc: Alain Delmotte

Unfortunately at that time I am not free.

Have a very good meeting.

All the best, Alain

* Re: regular online meet-up
@ 2022-10-12  9:09 ` Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2022-10-12  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Henning Hraban Ramm

Reminder: That’s in less than 4 hours.

Hoping to see you soon!
Hraban

Am 09.10.22 um 12:41 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context:
> You’re invited to join on Wednesday, October 12th, 15:00 CEST (UTC+2)
>
> at https://lecture.senfcall.de/hen-rbr-rku-oke
> (same, but shorter: https://v34h.de/ctxmtg)
>
> ConTeXt users of all levels are welcome!
>
> Next meeting will be on November 9th.
>

> (Same blurb as every time:)
>
> [Howto]
> * No special software installation required; most modern browsers should
> work (WebRTC required).
> * Open the above URL, accept the privacy statement,
> * enter your name,
> * click "join" (or "start" if you’re the first),
> * click "with microphone", allow your browser to access it, check the
> audio.
> * Your microphone is muted if you join. Activate microphone and/or
> camera with the buttons at the bottom.
> * Minimize the default presentation with the "screen" button, bottom right.
>
> * If you’d like to share your screen or upload a file, you can make
> yourself the presenter: Click on your user name, change the setting,
> then you’ll see the "screen sharing" button beside the camera button;
> also there’s now "manage presentations" behind the "plus" button.
> Beware there is only one presenter at a time, so don’t kill someone
> else’s presentation.
>
> [Technical hints]
> * Sound is usually better if you use a headset (less noise for everyone).
>
> * Connection problems are mostly due to low bandwidth or high latency on
> your side, e.g. with mobile connections.
> * If audio/video doesn’t work for you, you can still use the text chat.
> * Screen sharing needs a lot of bandwidth.
>
> * BigBlueButton documentation applies:
> https://bigbluebutton.org/teachers/tutorials/
>
> [Netiquette]
> * Please use a name that we recognize from here. Some feel uncomfortable
> with anonymous lurkers.
> * Mute your microphone while you’re not talking.
> * It’s nice to show your face at least when you join.
> * If there are connection problems, stop camera sharing.
> * The room is set to “everyone’s a moderator“, I trust you...
>
> See you, Hraban

* regular online meet-up
@ 2022-10-09 10:41 Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2022-10-09 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2022-08-10  6:30 ` Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2022-08-10  6:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context, Hans Hagen; +Cc: Henning Hraban Ramm

Reminder: That’s today!
CU l8r!

Am 05.08.22 um 21:43 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context:
> You’re invited to join next Wednesday, August 10th, 15:00 CEST (UTC+2)
>
> at https://lecture.senfcall.de/hen-rbr-rku-oke
>
> ConTeXt users of all levels are welcome!
>
> There will be no meet-up in September (since it would be during the
> ConTeXt meeting); and then on October 12th.
>

> (Same blurb as every time:)
>
> [Howto]
> * No special software installation required; most modern browsers should
> work (WebRTC required).
> * Open the above URL, accept the privacy statement,
> * enter your name,
> * click "join" (or "start" if you’re the first),
> * click "with microphone", allow your browser to access it, check the
> audio.
> * Your microphone is muted if you join. Activate microphone and/or
> camera with the buttons at the bottom.
> * Minimize the default presentation with the "screen" button, bottom right.
>
> * If you’d like to share your screen or upload a file, you can make
> yourself the presenter: Click on your user name, change the setting,
> then you’ll see the "screen sharing" button beside the camera button;
> also there’s now "manage presentations" behind the "plus" button. Beware
> there is only one presenter, so don’t kill someone else’s presentation.
>
> [Technical hints]
> * Sound is usually better if you use a headset (less noise for everyone).
>
> * Connection problems are mostly due to low bandwidth or high latency on
> your side, e.g. with mobile connections.
> * If audio/video doesn’t work for you, you can still use the text chat.
> * Screen sharing needs a lot of bandwidth.
>
> * BigBlueButton documentation applies:
> https://bigbluebutton.org/teachers/tutorials/
>
> [Netiquette]
> * Please use a name that we recognize from here. Some feel uncomfortable
> with anonymous lurkers.
> * Mute your microphone while you’re not talking.
> * It’s nice to show your face at least when you join.
> * If there are connection problems, stop camera sharing.
> * The room is set to “everyone’s a moderator“, I trust you...
>
> See you, Hraban

* regular online meet-up
@ 2022-08-05 19:43 Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2022-08-05 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2022-07-13  6:34 ` Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2022-07-13  6:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Henning Hraban Ramm

Reminder: It’s today! See you!

Am 11.07.22 um 21:55 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context:
> You’re invited to join this Wednesday, July 13th, 15:00 CEST (UTC+2)
>
> at https://lecture.senfcall.de/hen-rbr-rku-oke
>
> ConTeXt users of all levels are welcome!
>
> Hans will probably give a Q&A session again – please announce subjects
> you’d like to discuss ASAP, so that he can prepare.
> (I guess we’ll get to see some more math magic...)
>

> (Same blurb as every time:)
>
> [Howto]
> * No special software installation required; most modern browsers should
> work (WebRTC required).
> * Open the above URL, accept the privacy statement,
> * enter your name,
> * click "join" (or "start" if you’re the first),
> * click "with microphone", allow your browser to access it, check the
> audio.
> * Your microphone is muted if you join. Activate microphone and/or
> camera with the buttons at the bottom.
> * Minimize the default presentation with the "screen" button, bottom right.
>
> * If you’d like to share your screen or upload a file, you can make
> yourself the presenter: Click on your user name, change the setting,
> then you’ll see the "screen sharing" button beside the camera button;
> also there’s now "manage presentations" behind the "plus" button. Beware
> there is only one presenter, so don’t kill someone else’s presentation.
>
> [Technical hints]
> * Sound is usually better if you use a headset (less noise for everyone).
>
> * Connection problems are mostly due to low bandwidth or high latency on
> your side, e.g. with mobile connections.
> * If audio/video doesn’t work for you, you can still use the text chat.
> * Screen sharing needs a lot of bandwidth.
>
> * BigBlueButton documentation applies:
> https://bigbluebutton.org/teachers/tutorials/
>
> [Netiquette]
> * Please use a name that we recognize from here. Some feel uncomfortable
> with anonymous lurkers.
> * Mute your microphone while you’re not talking.
> * It’s nice to show your face at least when you join.
> * If there are connection problems, stop camera sharing.
> * The room is set to “everyone’s a moderator“, I trust you...
>
> See you, Hraban

* regular online meet-up
@ 2022-07-11 19:55 Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2022-07-11 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2022-04-11 11:29   ` Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2022-04-11 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Henning Hraban Ramm

You’re invited to join next *Wednesday*, April 13th, 15:00 CEST (UTC+2)
(Beware, we changed the weekday!)

[...]

* You can also join with a regular telephone (audio only, of course),
call +49-6151-86275-22 (German landline); then you must enter a PIN that
changes every time – if you need it, ask me for it via email.
Mute/unmute your microphone with "0".

@ 2022-03-09 13:59   ` Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2022-03-09 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Henning Hraban Ramm

That’s NOW, BTW. ;)

Am 06.03.22 um 13:28 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context:
> You’re invited to join next *Wednesday*, March 9th, 15:00 CET (UTC+1)
> (Beware, we changed the weekday!)
>
> at https://lecture.senfcall.de/hen-rbr-rku-oke
>
> ConTeXt users of all levels are welcome!
>
> Hans will probably give a Q&A session again – please announce subjects
> you’d like to discuss ASAP, so that he can prepare.
>

> (Same blurb as every time:)
>
> [Howto]
> * No special software installation required; most modern browsers should
> work (WebRTC required).
> * Open the above URL, accept the privacy statement,
> * enter your name,
> * click "join" (or "start" if you’re the first),
> * click "with microphone", allow your browser to access it, check the
> audio.
> * Your microphone is muted if you join. Activate microphone and/or
> camera with the buttons at the bottom.
> * Minimize the default presentation with the "screen" button, bottom right.
>
> * If you’d like to share your screen or upload a file, you can make
> yourself the presenter: Click on your user name, change the setting,
> then you’ll see the "screen sharing" button beside the camera button;
> also there’s now "manage presentations" behind the "plus" button. Beware
> there is only one presenter, so don’t kill someone else’s presentation.
>
> [Technical hints]
> * Sound is usually better if you use a headset (less noise for everyone).
>
> * Connection problems are mostly due to low bandwidth or high latency on
> your side, e.g. with mobile connections.
> * If audio/video doesn’t work for you, you can still use the text chat.
> * Screen sharing needs a lot of bandwidth.
>
> * You can also join with a regular telephone (audio only, of course),
> call +49-6151-86275-22 (German landline); then you must enter a PIN that
> changes every time – if you need it, ask me for it via email.
> Mute/unmute your microphone with "0".
>
> [Netiquette]
> * Please use a name that we recognize from here. Some feel uncomfortable
> with anonymous lurkers.
> * Mute your microphone while you’re not talking.
> * It’s nice to show your face at least when you join.
> * If there are connection problems, stop camera sharing.
> * The room is set to “everyone’s a moderator“, I trust you...
>
> See you, Hraban

* Regular online meet-up
@ 2022-03-06 12:28 ` Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2022-03-06 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2022-02-08 16:09 ` Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2022-02-08 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Henning Hraban Ramm

FYI: We decided to move the date to Wednesday, so next time will be
Wednesday, March 9th!

HR

@ 2022-02-06 21:23   ` Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2022-02-06 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Henning Hraban Ramm

Hi Alain,
in my current project I need the same. I use floats and move the
externalfigure with \offset; can show you on Tuesday.

e.g.
\startplacefigure[title={},location=left]% or outer...
\offset[topoffset=-1em,leftoffset=-20mm]{%
% it would be nice to have outeroffset/inneroffset
\externalfigure[Schweinehund][width=50mm]}
\stopplacefigure

Hraban

* Re: Regular online meet-up
@ 2022-02-06 20:45 ` Alain Delmotte via ntg-context
From: Alain Delmotte via ntg-context @ 2022-02-06 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context; +Cc: Alain Delmotte

* Regular online meet-up
@ 2022-02-05 12:51 Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2022-02-05 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2021-12-14 14:06           ` Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2021-12-14 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Henning Hraban Ramm

We’re online NOW! You can still join us. ;)

Hraban

* Re: Regular online meet-up
@ 2021-12-07 14:29         ` Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2021-12-07 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Henning Hraban Ramm

@ 2021-11-04 12:01         ` Alain Delmotte via ntg-context
From: Alain Delmotte via ntg-context @ 2021-11-04 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Alain Delmotte

* Re: Regular online meet-up
@ 2021-11-04 10:25         ` Clyde Johnston via ntg-context
From: Clyde Johnston via ntg-context @ 2021-11-04 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Last time I was at the ConTeXt conference, a few years back, there was talk about "monetization" of ConTeXt.  In other words, using ConTeXt to generate revenue.  I was wondering if this is still on the agenda.  Perhaps we could have a discussion on how to achieve this.  I have one possible idea but I would need some feedback from the more experienced members to ascertain its viability.

Clyde

You’re invited to join next Tuesday, November 9th, 15:00 CET (UTC+1)

at https://lecture.senfcall.de/hen-rbr-rku-oke

ConTeXt users of all levels are welcome!

Hans offered to give a Q&A session again – please announce subjects you’d like to discuss ASAP, so that he can prepare.

From my part:

I will show off the novel that I’m sending to the printshop tomorrow. Typeset with extreme HZ...
A first run of these 332 pages needed just 33s on my old Mac – ConTeXt LMTX is fast! (In comparison: a first latexmk run of my short DTK article about the ConTeXt meeting, using the DTK LaTeX class, needed more than a minute. My ConTeXt book though, now at 298 pages and using *all* the features, needs ~8 min for a first run.)

Also, I’m playing with different SyncTeX parsers for a LaTeX project, maybe there’s something to show/discuss next week. (SyncTeX *is* convenient with bigger projects! Using MuPDF lib, it should even be possible to combine SyncTeX information with PDF annotations to get corrections from PDF into ConTeXt sources...)

[Howto]
* No special software installation required; most modern browsers should work (WebRTC required).
* Open the above URL, accept the privacy statement,
* enter your name,
* click "join" (or "start" if you’re the first),
* click "with microphone", allow your browser to access it, check the audio.
(Some strings might be different, I see the German interface, you should get the main language of your browser.)
* Your microphone is muted if you join. Activate microphone and/or camera with the buttons at the bottom.
* Minimize the default presentation with the "screen" button, bottom right.

* If you’d like to share your screen or upload a file, you can make yourself the presenter: Click on your user name, change the setting, then you’ll see the "screen sharing" button beside the camera button; also there’s now "manage presentations" behind the "plus" button. Beware there is only one presenter, so don’t kill someone else’s presentation.

[...]

Next time will be December 14th.

See you, Hraban

* Regular online meet-up
@ 2021-11-02 20:41       ` Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
                           ` (2 more replies)
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2021-11-02 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

You’re invited to join next Tuesday, November 9th, 15:00 CET (UTC+1)

at https://lecture.senfcall.de/hen-rbr-rku-oke

ConTeXt users of all levels are welcome!

Hans offered to give a Q&A session again – please announce subjects you’d like to discuss ASAP, so that he can prepare.

From my part:

@ 2021-10-11  9:44     ` Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2021-10-11  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Reminder: You’re invited to join tomorrow, Tuesday, October 12th, 15:00 CEST (11:00 EDT, 21:00 SGT)

at https://lecture.senfcall.de/hen-rbr-rku-oke

ConTeXt users of all levels are welcome!

There’s no prepared subject/talk/presentation (from my side – feel free to share something).
But I guess we will discuss PDF viewers some more...

This is meant to be regular, i.e. every second Tuesday of a month. Next time is November 11th.
Let’s see how this works out; maybe we need a different day/time.
If we become many, it might make sense to offer something regional or language specific...

[Howto]
* No special software installation required; most modern browsers should work (WebRTC required).
* Open the above URL, accept the privacy statement,
* enter your name (or anything you want to be known as),
* click "join" (or "start" if you’re the first),
* click "with microphone", allow your browser to access it, check the audio.
(Some strings might be different, I see the German interface, you should get the main language of your browser.)
* Your microphone is muted if you join. Activate microphone and/or camera with the buttons at the bottom.
* Minimize the default presentation with the "screen" button, bottom right.

* If you’d like to share your screen or upload a file, you can make yourself the presenter: Click on your user name, change the setting, then you’ll see the "screen sharing" button beside the camera button; also there’s now "manage presentations" behind the "plus" button. Beware there is only one presenter, so don’t kill someone else’s presentation.

[Technical hints]
* Sound is usually better if you use a headset (less noise for everyone).

* Connection problems are mostly due to low bandwidth or high latency on your side, e.g. with mobile connections.
* If audio/video doesn’t work for you, you can still use the text chat.
* Screen sharing needs a lot of bandwidth.

* You can also join with a regular telephone (audio only, of course), call +49-6151-86275-22 (German landline); then you must enter a PIN that changes every time – if you need it, ask me for it via email. Mute/unmute your microphone with "0".

[Netiquette]
* Mute your microphone while you’re not talking.
* It’s nice to show your face at least when you join.
* If there are connection problems, stop camera sharing.
* The room is set to “everyone’s a moderator“, I trust you...

See you, Hraban

> Am 26.09.2021 um 12:16 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl>:
>
> Am 2021-09-26 11:03, schrieb Alain Delmotte via ntg-context:
>> Hi,
>> What is the BigBlueButton “room”?
>> I am interested.
>
> Welcome!
>
> We’re using the facilities of the German charity “Computerwerk Darmstadt e.V.”; the’re very privacy-aware, their free “senfcall.de“ service is based on BigBlueButton (https://bigbluebutton.org).
> Since I got an account, we can use the same “room” all the time:
> https://lecture.senfcall.de/hen-rbr-rku-oke
> I would have published the address later.
>
>> I hope that the “just finished meeting” was enjoyable, calm, not
>> necessarily reposing😂 and of course fruitful.😁
>
> It was, and very inspiring.
> Of course, it was also too much information to process (I still can’t wrap my mind around MetaPost, even less LPEG).
>
> Hraban

* Re: Regular online meet-up
@ 2021-10-02 14:46           ` Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2021-10-02 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 02.10.2021 um 15:33 schrieb Floris van Manen via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl>:
>
> On 01/10/2021 21:22, Alain Delmotte via ntg-context wrote:
>> What is the way to attend: just log to https://lecture.senfcall.de/hen-rbr-rku-oke ??
>> Thanks for the proposal,
>

> why not using (free open source) meet.jit.si instead of membershipped yellow-button?

senfcall.de is a free service by a privacy-aware German charity, based on BigBlueButton (also open source).
BBB is generally better than Jitsi Meet.
My (free) account allows me to use the same address for the “room” every time (and a few other things).

But feel free to offer something else.

Hraban

* Re: Regular online meet-up
@ 2021-10-02 13:33         ` Floris van Manen via ntg-context
From: Floris van Manen via ntg-context @ 2021-10-02 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Floris van Manen

On 01/10/2021 21:22, Alain Delmotte via ntg-context wrote:
> What is the way to attend: just log to
> https://lecture.senfcall.de/hen-rbr-rku-oke ??
>
> Thanks for the proposal,

why not using (free open source) meet.jit.si instead of membershipped
yellow-button?

.F

* Re: Regular online meet-up
@ 2021-10-02 13:11             ` Ramkumar KB via ntg-context
From: Ramkumar KB via ntg-context @ 2021-10-02 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello All,

I will attend the meeting - 12th October / 21:00 hrs SGT.

best regards,
Ramkumar

On Sat, Oct 2, 2021 at 2:13 PM juh via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Am Fri, Oct 01, 2021 at 11:43:20PM +0200 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm via
> ntg-context:
> > Sorr y, Denis and I agreed to postpone it one week and meet on October
> > _12th_, same time.  I’ll send a reminder.
>
> Thanks a lot. The idea is great but I had to much to do t answer. I hope
> I can attend.
>
> juh
> --
> Autoren-Homepage: ......... http://literatur.hasecke.com
> Satiren & Essays: ......... http://www.sudelbuch.de
> Privater Blog: ............ http://www.hasecke.eu
> Netzliteratur-Projekt: .... http://www.generationenprojekt.de

* Re: Regular online meet-up
@ 2021-10-02  6:13           ` juh via ntg-context
From: juh via ntg-context @ 2021-10-02  6:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: juh

Hi all,

Am Fri, Oct 01, 2021 at 11:43:20PM +0200 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm via
ntg-context:
> Sorr y, Denis and I agreed to postpone it one week and meet on October
> _12th_, same time.  I’ll send a reminder.

Thanks a lot. The idea is great but I had to much to do t answer. I hope
I can attend.

juh
--
Autoren-Homepage: ......... http://literatur.hasecke.com
Satiren & Essays: ......... http://www.sudelbuch.de
Privater Blog: ............ http://www.hasecke.eu
Netzliteratur-Projekt: .... http://www.generationenprojekt.de

[-- Attachment #1.2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Regular online meet-up
@ 2021-10-02  0:13           ` Hans Hagen via ntg-context
From: Hans Hagen via ntg-context @ 2021-10-02  0:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context; +Cc: Hans Hagen

On 10/1/2021 11:43 PM, Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context wrote:
> Sorry, Denis and I agreed to postpone it one week and meet on October _12th_, same time.
> I’ll send a reminder.
so far that is ok (but i definitely ned to be reminded)

Hans

* Re: Regular online meet-up
@ 2021-10-01 21:43         ` Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2021-10-01 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry, Denis and I agreed to postpone it one week and meet on October _12th_, same time.
I’ll send a reminder.

Since there was not much interest, it wouldn’t make sense to start without him.

And yes, you just open that URL*,
agree to the privacy terms (yellow button, in case it comes up in German),
enter your name and confirm ("start" or "participate", depending on if you’re the first),
confirm you want to enter with microphone.

Try it any time, just not this sunday evening.

* should work with most modern browsers, i.e. Firefox, Chrome/Chromium, Opera, Edge;
Safari doesn’t recognize my camera

See you soon,
Hraban

> Am 01.10.2021 um 21:22 schrieb Alain Delmotte via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl>:
>
> OK for me.
>
> What is the way to attend: just log to https://lecture.senfcall.de/hen-rbr-rku-oke ??
>
> Thanks for the proposal,
>
> Alain
>
> Le 30/09/2021 à 21:52, Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context a écrit :
>> Ok, how about Tuesday (October 5th) at 15:00 CEST (11:00 EDT, 21:00 SGT)?
>>
>> Hraban
>>

>>> Am 29.09.2021 um 07:09 schrieb Denis Maier via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
>>> :
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I think a regular online meetup would be great, and I agree with Hans that some way to collect topics would be nice. Re Time: I'd prefer Mo-Thursday during regular working hours (Central European Time), but maybe that should be offered at different times to accomodate for different needs?
>>>
>>> Denis

* Re: Regular online meet-up
@ 2021-10-01 19:22       ` Alain Delmotte via ntg-context
From: Alain Delmotte via ntg-context @ 2021-10-01 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context; +Cc: Alain Delmotte

* Re: Regular online meet-up
@ 2021-09-30 19:52     ` Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2021-09-30 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ok, how about Tuesday (October 5th) at 15:00 CEST (11:00 EDT, 21:00 SGT)?

Hraban

> Am 29.09.2021 um 07:09 schrieb Denis Maier via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl>:
>
> Hi,
>
> I think a regular online meetup would be great, and I agree with Hans that some way to collect topics would be nice. Re Time: I'd prefer Mo-Thursday during regular working hours (Central European Time), but maybe that should be offered at different times to accomodate for different needs?
>
> Denis

* Re: Regular online meet-up
@ 2021-09-29  5:09   ` Denis Maier via ntg-context
From: Denis Maier via ntg-context @ 2021-09-29  5:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: denis.maier

Hi,

I think a regular online meetup would be great, and I agree with Hans that some way to collect topics would be nice. Re Time: I'd prefer Mo-Thursday during regular working hours (Central European Time), but maybe that should be offered at different times to accomodate for different needs?

Denis

* Re: Regular online meet-up
@ 2021-09-26 14:59   ` Hans Hagen via ntg-context
From: Hans Hagen via ntg-context @ 2021-09-26 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9/26/2021 11:03 AM, Alain Delmotte via ntg-context wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le 25/09/2021 à 20:02, Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context a écrit :
>> Hi all,
>>
>> already for a while I wanted to suggest a regular online meet-up, just to chat or discuss ConTeXt and the world.
>>
>> Participants of the just finished meeting already know the BigBlueButton “room”, and without the difficulty of a auditory in presence and a weak DHCP, we should have even less problems with it.
>>
>> I’d offer this monthly, 2–3 hours, and let’s see if it stands the test.
>>
>> Now, if you’d like to participate, which times would fit you (weekdays, daytime...)?
>>
>> Warm regards,
>> Hraban
>
> What is the BigBlueButton “room”?
>
> I am interested.
>
> I hope that the “just finished meeting” was enjoyable, calm, not
> necessarily reposing😂 and of course fruitful.😁
For sure. As were the moments between meetings, the location, and
cuisine. It is as much a 'meeting friends' event as a 'talking tex, mp
and lua' opportunity. A lot packed in a week. And thanks to Jano (last
year) and Taco (this year) covid could not prevent it happening,
although of course for some it did (which is why we experimented again
with limited online).

Hans

* Re: Regular online meet-up
@ 2021-09-26 14:54 ` Hans Hagen via ntg-context