* Font protrusion and expansion
@ 2020-11-07 18:54 Tommaso Gordini
From: Tommaso Gordini @ 2020-11-07 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello to all.

I am writing to you just to know if the following code, with which I would
like to activate the protrusion and expansion of characters in my document,
is correct. Is the command order okay?

If I wanted to use another font, are there other things to write?

Thank you in advance
Tommaso

The code:

\mainlanguage[it]

\definefontfeature

  [default]

  [default]

  [expansion=quality,protrusion=quality]

\usetypescript[modern-base]

\setupalign[hz,hanging]

\setupbodyfont[modern]

\starttext

\stoptext

* Re: Font protrusion and expansion
@ 2020-11-07 20:24 ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2020-11-07 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 11/7/20 7:54 PM, Tommaso Gordini wrote:
> Hello to all.
>
> I am writing to you just to know if the following code, with which I
> would like to activate the protrusion and expansion of characters in my
> document, is correct. Is the command order okay?
>
> If I wanted to use another font, are there other things to write?

Hi Tommaso,

in the next sample, replace TeX Gyre Pagella with the font family name
and it will work fine:

  \definefontfeature
    [default]
    [default]
    [expansion=quality,protrusion=quality]
  \definefontfamily[mainface][rm][TeX Gyre Pagella]
  \setupbodyfont[mainface]
  \setupalign[hz,hanging]
  \starttext
  \input{zapf}
  \stoptext

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: Font protrusion and expansion
@ 2020-11-07 20:51   ` Tommaso Gordini
From: Tommaso Gordini @ 2020-11-07 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Hans and thanks Pablo.  So, \usetypescript is not needed?

Tommaso

@ 2020-11-07 21:39     ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2020-11-07 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 11/7/20 9:51 PM, Tommaso Gordini wrote:
> Thanks Hans and thanks Pablo.  So, \usetypescript is not needed?

Hi Tommaso,

I never used (or needed) any typescript.

But I think they aren’t needed anymore with \definefontfamily and
\definefallbackfamily.

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk