* [NTG-context] Solaris 11 SPARC Support [SEC=OFFICIAL]
@ 2024-01-04 23:54 Michael Wigston via ntg-context
From: Michael Wigston via ntg-context @ 2024-01-04 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Michael Wigston

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1522 bytes --]

Hi,

Would you consider supporting Solaris 11 on SPARC?

Alternatively if you could provide documentation how to build Context on "SunOS sun4v" hardware would also be beneficial.

I have compiled luametatex, but getting below error when trying to create cache and not sure if this is a compatibility issue.

bin/custom# ./mtxrun --generate
startup error : no format file given, quitting

Regards,

Michael Wigston
Senior Analyst/Programmer, Digital Applications
People, Transformation & Technology Group
Level 5, 100 Market Street, Sydney, 2000
Tel: +61 2 9911 2426
Michael.Wigston@asic.gov.au<mailto:Michael.Wigston@asic.gov.au>
[cid:image001.png@01DA3FC5.8B11FCD0]

Please consider the environment before printing this document.

Information collected by ASIC may contain personal information. Please refer to our Privacy Policy<https://asic.gov.au/privacy/> for information about how we handle your personal information, your rights to seek access to and correct your personal information, and how to complain about breaches of your privacy by ASIC.

This e-mail and any attachments are intended for the addressee(s) only and may be confidential. They may contain legally privileged, copyright material or personal and /or confidential information. You should not read, copy, use or disclose the content without authorisation. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender as soon as possible, delete the email and destroy any copies. This notice should not be removed.

[-- Attachment #1.1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 6615 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #1.2: image001.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 9671 bytes --]

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl

* [NTG-context] Re: Solaris 11 SPARC Support [SEC=OFFICIAL]
@ 2024-01-05  8:40 ` Hans Hagen via ntg-context
From: Hans Hagen via ntg-context @ 2024-01-05  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Hans Hagen

On 1/5/2024 12:54 AM, Michael Wigston via ntg-context wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Would you consider supporting Solaris 11 on SPARC?
>
> Alternatively if you could provide documentation how to build Context on
> "SunOS sun4v" hardware would also be beneficial.
>
> I have compiled luametatex, but getting below error when trying to
> create cache and not sure if this is a compatibility issue.
>
> bin/custom# ./mtxrun --generate
>
> startup error : no format file given, quitting
You can create a tex tree with:

   http://lmtx.pragma-ade.nl/install-lmtx/installation.pdf
   http://lmtx.pragma-ade.nl/install-lmtx/texmf.zip
   http://lmtx.pragma-ade.nl/install-lmtx/texmf-context.zip

and then populate

   /tex/texmf-solaris/bin

and proceed as described in the manual. Or you can install on another
machine and replace the bins there by yours.

Basically 'support' means a tree where the binary resorts,

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl