* removing many lines about font in log.
       [not found] <mailman.560.1604837317.1206.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2020-11-08 19:05 ` Jeong Dal
From: Jeong Dal @ 2020-11-08 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: list ntg-context@ntg.nl ntg-context@ntg.nl ntg-context@ntg.nl
	ntg-context@ntg.nl

The following example creates so many lines of messages about fonts in the log.

\definefontfeature [default] [default] [script=hang,language=kor]

\starttext
\definedfont[file:notoserifcjkkrregular*default]
Korean sentences.

한글이 아름답습니다.
\stoptext

fonts           > 'fallback modern-designsize rm 12pt' is loaded
fonts           > defining > font 'notoserifcjkkrregular', feature 'vert', script 'grek', no language 'kor'
fonts           > defining > font 'notoserifcjkkrregular', feature 'vert', script 'latn', no language 'kor'
fonts           > defining > font 'notoserifcjkkrregular', feature 'vert', script 'kana', no language 'kor'
fonts           > defining > font 'notoserifcjkkrregular', feature 'vert', script 'cyrl', no language 'kor'
fonts           > defining > font 'notoserifcjkkrregular', feature 'vert', script 'dflt', no language 'kor'
fonts           > defining > f

Is there a way to suppress messages?
Of course, there is no problem to get the output.

Best regards,

Dalyoung

* Re: removing many lines about font in log.
@ 2020-11-09 16:12   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2020-11-09 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11/8/2020 8:05 PM, Jeong Dal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The following example creates so many lines of messages about fonts in
> the log.
>
> \definefontfeature [default] [default] [script=hang,language=kor]
>
> \starttext
> \definedfont[file:notoserifcjkkrregular*default]
> Korean sentences.
>
> 한글이 아름답습니다.
> \stoptext
>
> fonts           > 'fallback modern-designsize rm 12pt' is loaded
> fonts           > defining > font 'notoserifcjkkrregular', feature
> 'vert', script 'grek', no language 'kor'
> fonts           > defining > font 'notoserifcjkkrregular', feature
> 'vert', script 'latn', no language 'kor'
> fonts           > defining > font 'notoserifcjkkrregular', feature
> 'vert', script 'kana', no language 'kor'
> fonts           > defining > font 'notoserifcjkkrregular', feature
> 'vert', script 'cyrl', no language 'kor'
> fonts           > defining > font 'notoserifcjkkrregular', feature
> 'vert', script 'dflt', no language 'kor'
> fonts           > defining > f
>
> Is there a way to suppress messages?
> Of course, there is no problem to get the output.
it depends if you're interested in it ... i kept it for cases where
users expect some feature to work while the font doesn't have it but I
have no problem making it optional

Hans

* Re: removing many lines about font in log.
@ 2020-11-10 13:46     ` Jeong Dal
From: Jeong Dal @ 2020-11-10 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Hans,

Thank you for the explanation.
Since those messages takes too many lines in the log file, I ask about it.
I prefer to suppress them. But, someone want to see them.

Since there is no problem to compile, it is OK to let them shown for some one want to know what happened.

Best regards,

Dalyoung

@ 2020-11-10 17:02       ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2020-11-10 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 10 Nov 2020, Jeong Dal wrote:

> Dear Hans,
>
> Thank you for the explanation.
> Since those messages takes too many lines in the log file, I ask about it.
> I prefer to suppress them. But, someone want to see them.
>
> Since there is no problem to compile, it is OK to let them shown for some one want to know what happened.

You can also use

  \ctxlua{logs.disable("fonts")}

to get rid of all the messages.

Aditya