* Re:  apid as a list
@ 1991-08-20  7:38 Bengt KLEBERG
From: Bengt KLEBERG @ 1991-08-20  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

Let me quote Byron RAKITZIS:

	It's been suggested that $apid should be a list of all backgrounded jobs,
	and that as soon as rc's wait builtin receives the exit status of an exiting
	child, the appropriate $apid list entry should be removed.

	I have certainly noticed myself writing code like:

	foo &
	apids=$apid
	bar &
	apids=($apid $apids)

	kill $apids

	I will probably implement this in a trial fashion, and ignore it if it is
	too much work, but it doesn't look like it would be too hard. Any comments?

end quote==========================================================================

I would vote for not having it. The code above looks simple enough as
to be possible to use instead. Are there any other advantages, apart
from making this manual concattenating of pids unnecessary?

Bengt

* Re: apid as a list
@ 1991-08-19 20:25 ` Mark-Jason Dominus
From: Mark-Jason Dominus @ 1991-08-19 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc; +Cc: mjd

It's not clear to me that there is enough new functionality to justify
another feature.  Perhaps you should improve the `wait' command instead,
so that it in some way returns the PID of the child process it reaped.

* Re: apid as a list
@ 1991-08-19 20:20 ` Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 1991-08-19 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Byron Rakitzis, rc