* Re: rc and readline and SIGINT
@ 1992-04-24 21:46 Tom Culliton x2278
From: Tom Culliton x2278 @ 1992-04-24 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

Well this is the first chance I've had to really take a good look at
what Chet had to say on the topic and relate it to the the rc code.
From looking at signal.c, util.c, and wait.c it looks like the problem
would be easily solved by treating readline as a "slow" system call.
Before I plunge into this, can anybody think of reasons that this would
be a bad idea?  Byron?

Tom

* file protections
@ 1992-04-25  1:32 ` Josh N. Pritikin
From: Josh N. Pritikin @ 1992-04-25  1:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

At CMU we use AFS a great deal. I've run into was seems to be a bad
interaction between AFS and rc. Consider this program:

$ C:/inc/graphlib>ll glclock
-rwx------   1 14061    0          319488 Apr 24 18:22 glclock*

I log into the CS cell get my tokens with klog so I have access to
this program in the Andrew cell. Thus, even though I don't own the
file or have access to it via the rwx flags, I should be able to run
it, however,

C:/inc/graphlib>./glclock
./glclock: Permission denied
[status 1]

Now if I,

C:/inc/graphlib>sh
$ ./glclock

It works fine. Is this fixable without special casing for AFS?

joshp