sam-fans - fans of the sam editor
* Japanese input and Sam
@ 1994-11-07 21:44 Castor Fu
From: Castor Fu @ 1994-11-07 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sam-fans

Has anyone hacked japanese input methods into 'sam'?

If I were to do this, what I would probably do is mash a tcl interpreter
into libXg and handle the input translations in tcl.  Then the code
in 'latin1.c' would be moved into an area which could be edited without
recompiling sam.

I suppose purists would feel this was sacreligious, but when using a large
character set like Unicode, I think having hard coded tables like
sam uses is sort of silly.

	-castor