* s6-log taking 100% CPU
@ 2012-12-13 14:19 Vallo Kallaste
From: Vallo Kallaste @ 2012-12-13 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: supervision

Hi

I have noticed that s6-log enters busyloop after failing to rotate
the log. Some data:

 * I don't have strace output at hand, but from memory it was
   infinite stream of identical poll() related lines.
 * s6-log runs as: s6-log -b s16777215 n25 S0 !xz -0q /var/service/nslcd/log
 * Happens only for service loggers missing the log/state file. Most
   service loggers do not have the log/state file, this is probably
   my mistake in some deployment script.
 * There are following lines in s6-svscan log:

s6-log (processor child): fatal: unable to open_readb /var/service/nslcd/log/state: No such file or directory
s6-log: warning: processor failed in /var/service/nslcd/log

It seems that this is caused by my mistake but perhaps it could be
handled better?

BR,
--
Vallo