The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Lions' V6 source code
@ 2004-06-15 19:35 Maciek Bieszczad
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Maciek Bieszczad @ 2004-06-15 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

What version, exactly, of 6th Edition source code is contained in the Lions' commentary booklets? I took a look at the version available for download at [http://v6.cuzuco.com/v6.pdf], but it does not seem to match the source code in the TUHS archives.

If the source code was in fact modified by Lions, are there any machine-readable versions available?

Regards,

Maciek.

* [TUHS] Lions' V6 source code
@ 2004-06-16  7:37 Wolfgang Helbig
From: Wolfgang Helbig @ 2004-06-16  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi
>If the source code was in fact modified by Lions, are there any
machine-readable versions available?

The source is not modified by Lions, aside some layout and commentary changes.
You can find it at

http://www.tuhs.org/Archive/PDP-11/Distributions/research/Ken_Wellsch_v6/

By the way, the V6 documentation can be viewed at

http://www.ba-stuttgart.de/~helbig/os/v6/doc/index.html

Have fun,
Wolfgang

* [TUHS] Lions' V6 source code
@ 2004-07-20 16:10 Brian S Walden
From: Brian S Walden @ 2004-07-20 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is good. You can also get the straight text of the source
without the line numbers by just removing the .html suffix of the
the file (e.g try http://www.tom-yam.or.jp/2238/src/lp.c)
I cannot read Japanese so I don't know if it says how it
was produced or it's origin. But I can tell that it is not a
derivative of the PDF I produced.

-B