The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] SVR3 or SVR4 kernel sources for 3B2/700
@ 2023-09-29 23:57 Seth Morabito
From: Seth Morabito @ 2023-09-29 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: UNIX Heritage Society

It's been a while since I asked, and I would be extraordinarily surprised if the situation had changed, but I thought I might try my luck one more time...

The 3B2 is a dreadful computer, but nevertheless I find myself compelled to try to make the SIMH 3B2 emulation more accurate. The emulation for the 3B2/400 is probably as accurate as it's ever going to be, but the 3B2/700 has very clear and known bugs. One of the things holding back fixing those bugs is documentation in the form of source code. I have the leaked kernel source code for the 3B2/400 ("Version 2") architecture, but I have never seen any kernel source code that targets the 3B2/700 or /1000 ("Version 3") architecture. All I have are the system header files from /usr/include/sys, nothing more.

If by some chance you have a /usr/src/uts tree for the 3B2/600, /700, or /1000, I would love to see it. It would refer to the system board using the code name "FALCON", probably with a lot of #ifdef's (at least the system headers do)

-Seth
--
  Seth Morabito * Poulsbo, WA * https://loomcom.com/

* [TUHS] Re: SVR3 or SVR4 kernel sources for 3B2/700
@ 2023-09-30  5:38 ` Ben Huntsman
From: Ben Huntsman @ 2023-09-30  5:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Seth Morabito; +Cc: UNIX Heritage Society

Speaking of the 3B2, has anyone ever seen DMERT out there or had a chance to run it on their 3B2?

Sent from my iPhone

@ 2023-09-30  6:35 ` Marc Donner
From: Marc Donner @ 2023-09-30  6:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Seth Morabito; +Cc: UNIX Heritage Society

I infer from your inquiry that there is no formal statement of the ISA for
the machine.  Is that correct?

@ 2023-09-30 13:41   ` Seth Morabito
From: Seth Morabito @ 2023-09-30 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: UNIX Heritage Society