The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Oral history interview with Doug McIlroy
@ 2020-02-03 21:01 David C. Brock
From: David C. Brock @ 2020-02-03 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

With Doug’s permission, I’d like to bring the group’s attention to a recent oral history with him by the Computer History Museum.

You can find the records for the two interviews here, and in them the links to the PDF transcripts:

https://www.computerhistory.org/collections/oralhistories/?s=mcilroy

As I am sure you can imagine, it was a great pleasure to interview Doug. I learned a tremendous amount.

Best wishes,

David

David C. Brock
Director and Curator
Software History Center
Computer History Museum
computerhistory.org/softwarehistory<http://computerhistory.org/softwarehistory>
Email: dbrock@computerhistory.org
Twitter: @dcbrock
Skype: dcbrock
1401 N. Shoreline Blvd.
Mountain View, CA 94943
(650) 810-1010 main
(650) 810-1886 direct
Pronouns: he, him, his

* Re: [TUHS] Oral history interview with Doug McIlroy
@ 2020-02-09  0:35 ` David Barto
From: David Barto @ 2020-02-09  0:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David C. Brock; +Cc: tuhs

David, thanks for the link to this 2 part oral history (transcribed). It was a wonderful read through
Doug’s history as well as the history of how Unix got started and some of the interesting points
where Doug and others all made changes that lead to what became that thing called Unix that
all of us know a love.

	David

@ 2020-02-20  0:26   ` jason-tuhs
From: jason-tuhs @ 2020-02-20  0:26 UTC (permalink / raw)