The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] 2.11BSD Update
@ 2020-07-14 22:53 Warner Losh
From: Warner Losh @ 2020-07-14 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society

I've managed to reach an important milestone in my efforts to recreate
2.11BSD pl 0 from sources. I've managed to unwind the patches, recreated
some programs that were lost (the patches destroyed data and weren't modern
context diffs).

So I've managed to unwind back to pl 0, I've managed to bootstrap the
assembler (it wouldn't build on pl 195), recreate ld, ranlib and ar. I've
rebuilt the libraries and many binaries.

https://bsdimp.blogspot.com/2020/07/211bsd-original-tapes-recreation.html

No tapes yet, but I thought people here would like to know.

Warner