The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: Heinz Lycklama <heinz@osta.com>
To: tuhs@tuhs.org
Subject: [TUHS] Re: LSX issues and musing
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 09:24:26 -0700	[thread overview]

Gavin, looks like you have figured most things out about LSX
and Mini-Unix (both of which I am the other of while at BTL).
There are some similarities between the two but LSX is more
complex because it supports some real-time features and
contiguous files. I was able to compile the operating system
source code for both running on themselves while at BTL.

I'm not familiar with all of the work done by others since then,
but there is some original documentation for each of the
systems still available. LSX is documented in the BSTJ, and
there is a memo on MIni-UNIX online here:
     1. http://www.tavi.co.uk/unixhistory/mini-unix/Mini-UNIX_Memo.txt
         [Explains mods made to programs. Much of this applies to LSX]
     2. https://www.tuhs.org/cgi-bin/utree.pl?file=Mini-Unix/usr/doc/new/
     3. https://gunkies.org/wiki/MINI-UNIX
You can also find my original memo on Mini-UNIX [titled
TM-77-1352-1_The_MINI-UNIX_19770103.pdf] in this
online directory of my Technical Memos.
     4.
https://tuhs.pdp-11.org.ru/Documentation/TechReports/Heinz_Tech_Memos/
The files in #4 also used to be online in https://tuhs.org/
but I can't seem to find them at this time.

Hope this is all helpful to you.

Heinz